“It'll do...” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ironwood Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 169 restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 15
Description: The art of cooking with wood enhances the Ironwood Tavern"s experience with bold flavors simply not found with alternative cooking methods. Executive Chef Luis incorporates the seasonal offerings such as beef, pork, poultry, seafood and fresh produce from small local farms and purveyors for our cuisine. Craft beer is our focus and our passion. All of our 24 craft beers on draft reflect a personal vision. Our craft beer list is different, intriguing, and constantly evolving, like the world of craft beer itself. A menu that features styles from all over the world, but is predominantly American and local in focus. Our craft beer experts works with chef Luis to develop the menus, and that the pair sometimes start with the beer and work backwards to the food from there.
Leesburg, Virginia
“It'll do...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Maybe this place is good for Happy Hour... but I went with my family for dinner. First of all, the place was DEAD. My group and maybe two other groups occupied the entire restaurant. It was awkwardly quiet. The tables for large parties are ALL high top tables, which makes it hard for grandparents. The food was your typical All-American food... but not the best All-American food I've ever had. It's just... so-so. And it is kind of pricey for the quality you get when it's not on HH special.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
“Good place for craft beer and Hickory grilled food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We were there for Friday dinner, we enjoyed hickory grilled sword fish pasta (pasta). Also liked new craft beer (Cherry Blossom Lager beer).

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ashburn, Virginia
“Ok for happy hour maybe”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went there to celebrate my husband's birthday. Hostess was friendly, waitstaff was just.. weird. We went there Friday evening and expected a wait.. surprisingly more than half the restaurant was empty. We ordered a spinach and artichoke dip and that was pretty good. The waitress stopped by with mini corn breads and I told my son they have egg and he can't have them (he is allergic), the waitress overheard that and just said a rude "OK" picked the basket and left. Waiter seemed very unsure and nervous. My husband enjoyed the craft beers, the cab i ordered was good. My husband's filet Mignon was very average. My sons split the ribeye and it had no flavor. I ordered the Mediterranean veggie platter (I am a vegetarian) and it was really really bad. The pita smelled of burnt butter, no seasoning in the hummus and baba ghanouj. The decor is definitely not upscale. There is open wiring and tubing and what looked like dust/spiderwebs/grime in the corners. Prices were decent, but don't think I'll go there again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Herndon, Virginia
“High Prices, less than average food quality. . .”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My first time here was on Easter for their brunch and it will be my last, unfortunately.

The price per head was $34.95 and you would expect some pretty good food. Upon our arrival to the restaurant, the parking lot was empty. I questioned if the place was even open until we opened the doors.

We were greeted by one of their employees (all their employees were very friendly and professional). We were seated and drinks were ordered. It was us and another party in the restaurant, we must have not received the memo of "do not eat here". Also, the atmosphere reminded me of an upscale biker bar, if one exists, this would be it.

The buffet has a wide variety of food which was perfect for a brunch, however the quality was lacking. The french toast was coated with what seemed like old stale frosted flakes. The ham looked like it was leftovers from last Easter. They tried to be fancy with the butter putting lemon shavings ( I think) mixed in with the butter, it was horrible. I asked for regular butter, which they brought but it was melted. Not asking for the moon here, just want regular butter. No need to fancy it up or read my mind because both failed, regular butter for my biscuit please.

Prior to writing this review, a poster commented on the coffee. I had the regular coffee and it tasted low grade, I think Sheetz has better coffee than these guys and I can't stand their coffee.

Maybe their regular service is better but the prior comments pointed to high prices and average (to less) than quality food. Regardless of what else is written, that really hits the nail on the head. High prices, average (to less than average) quality of food.

Again, the service and the crew were really nice, love it! The food lacked a lot of quality.

Truly,

V---V

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“Average Food at Above Average Prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The food quality and amount did not match the prices that they are charging. We went for a Saturday night dinner with the family. The atmosphere is ok the service was very good and the meals arrived quickly. The issue we had was that the food was just average and the prices are high for what you are getting. No one in our party had a bad meal but no one had a great meal. I can't say that I would never go there again but I definitely don't plan to go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere