“Good drinks, delicious food, great coffee - we'll return!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ironwood Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 169 restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 15
Description: The art of cooking with wood enhances the Ironwood Tavern"s experience with bold flavors simply not found with alternative cooking methods. Executive Chef Luis incorporates the seasonal offerings such as beef, pork, poultry, seafood and fresh produce from small local farms and purveyors for our cuisine. Craft beer is our focus and our passion. All of our 24 craft beers on draft reflect a personal vision. Our craft beer list is different, intriguing, and constantly evolving, like the world of craft beer itself. A menu that features styles from all over the world, but is predominantly American and local in focus. Our craft beer experts works with chef Luis to develop the menus, and that the pair sometimes start with the beer and work backwards to the food from there.
Northern Virginnie
“Good drinks, delicious food, great coffee - we'll return!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Ironwood Tavern is located in the same parking lot as Leesburg's Walmart. There was a large group leaving and commenting on their enjoyable lunch as we entered the restaurant.
It seemed plain in decor but it was a dreary Saturday and that would definitly take its toll. Our server was prompt and personable. We ordered sandwiches - me, the grilled chicken on ciabatta with sweet potato fries - my husband, their veggie sammie with the same. Both selections were simply delicious, the chicken moist and their sweet potato fries not greasy or overcome with salt.
As a tavern would, they have a good selection of beers on draught - I'm a Guinness girl, but recognized many as microbrews. Their cocktail menu also looked like a yum, with combos that sounded delicious. Oh, and Saturday their "happy hour" starts at lunchtime with reduced prices on appetizers, also.
We will definitely be returning to Ironwood Tavern - the next time, for dinner, with friends.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
Buffalo, New York, United States
“Not Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My kids didn't mind the mac & cheese...the menu didn't offer much that my husband and I would even want to try, I felt safe with a cheese burger...and the hostess looked confused trying to seat us. The place was pretty empty except for some locals. Our waitress was nice, but I felt like she had just come in from her smoke break. We wished we had ordered pizza at the hotel.

Visited December 2012
Brunswick, Georgia
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Went for dinner with business associates and the meal was excellent. Had the maple glazed salmon. Everyone talked the next day at our meeting about how pleased they were with the overall experience.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Excellent friday night drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I went here for Friday night drinks with some workmates.
The service is amazing. Steve will remember everyone’s name, he is extremely polite and very professional!
The beer is excellent the food is good and it all won’t leave a massive hole in your wallet.
My wife and I left full and pretty happy and it only cost us $35.
I am looking forward to next Friday!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Good food and beer selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We decided to try Ironwood after hearing good things from some friends. We started with the crab dip which was very good but a bit small. Luckily, there were only 2 of us. I think you would need 2 orders if there were 4 people. My husband had the BBQ burger that came with fries. He said it was really good (not to mention big), and they didn't drown it in BBQ sauce like most restaurants do. I ordered the flat iron steak. I had ordered it medium rare, but it came out very rare. I asked them to cook it some more, and they brought out a new steak (perfectly cooked this time). It was very tender but needed more seasoning. The steak came with an ice cream scoop of garlic mashed potatoes (good) and 5 very thin spears of asparagus. Although the steak was a good size, I think they should beef up the portions of the sides to make it a more complete meal. For dessert, we tried the baked caramel apple crisp. It was yummy and a perfect size for 2 to share. Their beer selection is pretty impressive, and a sign on the table showed that they have some good happy hour specials (which are also good all day long on Sunday). Overall, we will definitely eat there again. I do think they need to size up the appetizer and side portions to match with the prices.

• Visited November 2012