“First rate” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 15
Description: The art of cooking with wood enhances the Ironwood Tavern"s experience with bold flavors simply not found with alternative cooking methods. Executive Chef Luis incorporates the seasonal offerings such as beef, pork, poultry, seafood and fresh produce from small local farms and purveyors for our cuisine. Craft beer is our focus and our passion. All of our 24 craft beers on draft reflect a personal vision. Our craft beer list is different, intriguing, and constantly evolving, like the world of craft beer itself. A menu that features styles from all over the world, but is predominantly American and local in focus. Our craft beer experts works with chef Luis to develop the menus, and that the pair sometimes start with the beer and work backwards to the food from there.
virginia
“First rate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Peter the manager surprised us with free crab/mushroom appetizers, fire grilled veggies and main course was fantastic. Cheesecake great, beers galore on tap, service by Steve, fantastic.

Visited July 2012

72% Recommend
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Excellent food - crab cake amazing. We will add this to our favorite places in Leesburg.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Red Pepper Crab Soup is wonderful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stopped in after doing some shopping in the area. I chose this place because I was craving a good burger. I got that and more. The soup of the day was a smooth and delicious red pepper crab soup with a few big pieces of crab. I got the BBQ burger with a spicy mayo and BBQ sauce and fried onion straws. It was very good, the burger juicy.

I was slightly disappointed that the draft beer menu was mainly populated by IPAs and wheat beer. I don't care for IPAs and can't drink wheat beers. I chose a cider and the waitress suggested mixing it with Guinness which I've had before and like.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“Not a typical tavern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

My husband and I have been to Ironwood twice for lunch, and I'm sure a third time for dinner will be very soon. The wings with their "volcano" hot sauce are fantastic - not soggy with too much sauce. I mentioned to our waiter that I really like hot wings but the "mahagony" sauce sounded good too, and he said I can order the wings with half of the order with each sauce, and I could even have then grilled instead of fried - NEXT TIME!!!

The burgers are very tasty and the beer selection is extensive for Leesburg. My only suggestion would be to use a firmer bread (like a ciabatta) for the Grilled Veggie Sandwich - the softer roll, while very good, gets too soggy.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ashburn, Virginia
“First visit won me over”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Stopped by Saturday and was very pleased with the service and the quality of the food. I'll definately be back.

• Visited May 2012