“MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 175 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Firebirds is a collection of polished casual restaurants offering a refined atmosphere, top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. We are known for our authentic, wood-fired entrees infused with bold flavors, fresh herbs & spices. Our restaurants feature a selection of aged steaks hand-cut in the restaurant, fresh seafood, chicken & ribs seared over local hickory, oak or pecan wood.
Alexandria, Virginia
“MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went to this restaurant for dinner with a friend. Things started out badly when the onion rings were served cold. This is one of the major reasons we came as our friends said they were the best onion rings around! Waitress (Camelia) was very efficient with drinks, refills, etc and was most pleasant. However, food served was not up to parr. The steak salad had steak in a clump rather than sliced as menu indicated. My filet kabobs were terrible. The meat was okay but the vegetables were raw as if they never saw the grill. When asked if we could split dessert we were told that they did not split desserts only entrees. What does it take to put half a dessert each on a plate? Decided to cancel dessert. Manager never came by to see how things were even when we sent back steak salad so meat could be cut. This place needs new management!! Last time we will go here, Stay away unless you want heartburn, not only from the food, but from the entire experience!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Washington, DC
“Good food - over inflated wine price - for the portion size you get.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a family favorite - we eat here a lot. The food is generally very well prepared, seasoned and presented and the staff is always very accommodating. The only issue I have is to agree with a previous writer. I ordered a $10 glass of wine and the glass was less than half full - and it was a small wine glass. I know wine very well and for the price I paid for that particular wine, if they had brought it out in a mug sized glass it would have perhaps made up for the over-inflated price. I felt this in the past several times but this time it kind of peeved me given how much we spend here. I may decide we need a new place for family dinners out. This is the reason this place gets 3 stars from me and not 4.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
maryland
“Awesome Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was our first visit to the Firebirds Wood Fired Grill. It was so good we went again the second night. Outstanding food!! Everything was awesome!! The chicken wings were out of this world. The coconut shrimp, potatoes, and steaks were wonderful. I would eat there again in a heart beat. Thinking about taking my mom back for her birthday. Also, the restaurant is so big there was little wait time.

Visited August 2013
Maryland
“Very Good Food. Issue with drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have eaten lunch here on several occasions, and the food is always very good. The sweet potato fries are great! My only real issue with this place, is when you order a drink (wine or mixed) you only get 1/2 glass. We have commented on this several times and for the price they charge, they really need to give you the appropriate amount. It is the only restaurant we dine in, in the Leesburg area, that does this. So now, when we eat there, we stick to iced-tea!!

Visited July 2013
Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
EandDsmom,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about Firebirds on Trip Advisor. I am so happy to hear that you enjoy our food but am sorry to hear about the drink situation. Your feedback is invaluable to us so I would love to have someone reach out to you.

Would you please respond with your contact information?

Becky
Charles Town, West Virginia
“Very enjoyable and economical lunch specials”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Just happened to walk by this place. Glad we did. My wife and I chose off of the $7.95 lunch specials. The cheeseburger and the blue cheese sirloin were both very good and the portions were just right for $7.95. The restaurant has a nice bar and open kitchen concept where you can view the open fire. The bathrooms were very clean. Check this place out - especially for lunch.

• Visited July 2013