“Eager to please; good food; good value” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 175 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Firebirds is a collection of polished casual restaurants offering a refined atmosphere, top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. We are known for our authentic, wood-fired entrees infused with bold flavors, fresh herbs & spices. Our restaurants feature a selection of aged steaks hand-cut in the restaurant, fresh seafood, chicken & ribs seared over local hickory, oak or pecan wood.
Ashburn, Virginia
“Eager to please; good food; good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

My wife and I decided to have dinner here a few weeks ago, shortly after their grand opening. They still had area support staff helping out the locals which meant there were lots of waitstaff around to answer questions and make sure everything was to your liking.

We started in the bar area where we waited to be seated. We were originally told 20 minutes, but that rapidly grew to 45. Others were receiving a 2 hour wait notice. This is typical of new places opening in the area and I would surmise that the wait time will drop to normal levels by the end of the year.

From a food perspective, we thoroughly enjoyed the Crab Cake appetizer, which we had with a couple of glasses of Chardonnay (Louis Jadot). The crab cakes had a bit more filler than we were used to, but they balanced well with the wine.

For dinner I had the Bleu Cheese Filet and a Loaded Baked Potato. The filet was cooked properly (my wife's was a bit rare), but it was severely overloaded with bleu cheese. You can see from the attached picture, that it was actually hard to locate the filet under all that sauce. I'm sure this is something that will be corrected going forward.

We asked for a bottle of Sequoia Grove Cabernet to go with dinner, but they were out. They were also out of the second wine we chose. Fortunately, the Area VP was there and he picked out a nice wine for us that matched our food. One issue was that the wine was stored/served at room temperature (warm). He said they were waiting to receive a wine refrigerator that would allow them to store their wines at the proper temperature.

Everyone at the restaurant was very accommodating and we were extremely pleased with our waiter (Jason). Overall, we had a very pleasant evening despite the crowds and scrambling about. We definitely plan to return and would recommend this restaurant to our friends and neighbors.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Leesburg, Virginia
“Newly opened and has potential....but service needs to improve”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

This place has potential, but with it just opening there were a lot of kinks to be worked out. First the good....the food, it was on par with your typical high end steak house. The atmosphere is nice and the bar area has a really neat look.

Now the bad......they do call ahead seating. We called ahead and they said they couldn't put our name on the list because there was not a wait (still 2 tables open they said). When we arrived less than 15 minutes after calling, we were told there was a 10 to 15 minute wait. We had a party of five and noticed a booth for 6 had just been cleared. A party of six walks in and they were seated at that table while we were still waiting. I asked the front the desk why they were seated before us having just walked in and I was told "they called ahead". When I told them we had called ahead and were told we couldn't be put on the list, all I got was "I'm sorry about that".

Once we were seated, it took a long time for our food to come out in comparison to some of the tables seated around us. Many tables got their food before we did even though they were seated at the same time or after us. I ordered an appetizer and dinner salad for dinner and asked they both brought out with everyone's meals. Instead, the appetizer was delivered about 15 minutes before the meals. When they delivered the food to the table they got the steaks wrong (medium and rare stakes mixed up). Needles to say, I wasn't about to try to brave a dessert.

We'll give it another try in the hopes this is just "newly opened kinks that need to be worked out.

• Visited November 2011