“Finally, Mexican Food That's Flavorful and Fresh” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 170 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Northern Virginnie
“Finally, Mexican Food That's Flavorful and Fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is the second time that my husband and I have dined at Los Tios Grill in Leesburg. Although they have a patio, we chose to sit indoors. It was a hot evening and all the bodies in the dining room put a drain on the air conditioning. The restaurant was busy but that did not affect service. Their waiters are attentive, personable, and prompt.
Drinks are delicious - their small would be a large anywhere else. Dinner is made fresh and to order. Because of that you will have a few more minutes' wait, but it is so worth it! I ordered the steak and shrimp fajitas and my husband the chicken chimichanga. My steak was tender and delicious, the shrimp were not overcooked. The chimichanga was delicious - flavorful and seemed baked and the best we have tasted, in any area! And, if you ask for a side of FRESH jalapenos, you get actual fresh sliced peppers, not the jarred, pickled ones I have received in almost every other "Mexican" restaurant in the area. After dinner, we had coffee and split a fried ice cream - a pefect end to a delicious dinner!
Good, fresh food prepared well - we will definitely return!

• Visited June 2013

Memphis
“A fun Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We went here after reading the reviews and were not disappointed. The margaritas were great. The salsa was fresh and the chips light and crispy. We had one of their shrimp dishes and the ingredients were extra fresh. It definitely is worth a stop.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bristow, Virginia
“Good Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I lived in Texas for 19 years and have yet to find good Mexican food here in Virginia. We were in Leesburg riding bikes and decided to try Los Tios. It was great. Some outside tables. Fast service (it was 2:00 p.m. on Saturday). Homemade salsa with big chunks of tomato and pieces cilantro. Chips were thin and fresh. We split a chicken burrito with the red sauce. Delicious! Rice was good too. Had the small (haha) margaratia. Yes it was $7.00 but it was big and tasted great. Will definately go again when I am in the area or have a Mexican food craving. They did have a brunch menu on Saturday and Sunday until 2.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“Good Mexican Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've eaten here countless times and we've always enjoyed it. The food is simple but fresh. The margaritas are good as well. We usually get the Huevos Rancheros and although it's a no-frills dish, it's always good.

• Visited March 2013
northern virginia
“Delicious Mexican food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

A friend of mine took me here for a belated birthday dinner. Los Tios is located in the Market Square in Leesburg, same shopping complex as the Tuscarora restaurant. The restaurant is small but cozy. We started off with the largest margaritas I have ever seen. I felt like I was drinking literally out of a fish bowl but of course was much tastier. They brought out a basket of chips with salsa. The chips are thin and very crispy. The salsa was a little liquidy but very tasty. My friend ordered mahi mahi fish tacos which she claimed were delicious. I ordered the beef fajitas. They were delicious! The meat was tender and spiced perfectly. They are cooked up with the standard onions and peppers. They garnish them with a nice handful of cilantro, which I love. Of course if you are not a fan make sure to have them leave it out. I noticed that there is outside seating which might be nice in the warmer weather. The only thing about the smallness of the restaurant that bothered me was that everyone was ordering fajitas and I didn't feel that the ventilation was very good. I was breathing in the smokiness of others fajita orders. I would definitely come back to Los Tios in spite of this though.

• Visited March 2013