“Good Mexican Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Bristow, Virginia
“Good Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I lived in Texas for 19 years and have yet to find good Mexican food here in Virginia. We were in Leesburg riding bikes and decided to try Los Tios. It was great. Some outside tables. Fast service (it was 2:00 p.m. on Saturday). Homemade salsa with big chunks of tomato and pieces cilantro. Chips were thin and fresh. We split a chicken burrito with the red sauce. Delicious! Rice was good too. Had the small (haha) margaratia. Yes it was $7.00 but it was big and tasted great. Will definately go again when I am in the area or have a Mexican food craving. They did have a brunch menu on Saturday and Sunday until 2.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Leesburg, Virginia
“Good Mexican Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've eaten here countless times and we've always enjoyed it. The food is simple but fresh. The margaritas are good as well. We usually get the Huevos Rancheros and although it's a no-frills dish, it's always good.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
northern virginia
“Delicious Mexican food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

A friend of mine took me here for a belated birthday dinner. Los Tios is located in the Market Square in Leesburg, same shopping complex as the Tuscarora restaurant. The restaurant is small but cozy. We started off with the largest margaritas I have ever seen. I felt like I was drinking literally out of a fish bowl but of course was much tastier. They brought out a basket of chips with salsa. The chips are thin and very crispy. The salsa was a little liquidy but very tasty. My friend ordered mahi mahi fish tacos which she claimed were delicious. I ordered the beef fajitas. They were delicious! The meat was tender and spiced perfectly. They are cooked up with the standard onions and peppers. They garnish them with a nice handful of cilantro, which I love. Of course if you are not a fan make sure to have them leave it out. I noticed that there is outside seating which might be nice in the warmer weather. The only thing about the smallness of the restaurant that bothered me was that everyone was ordering fajitas and I didn't feel that the ventilation was very good. I was breathing in the smokiness of others fajita orders. I would definitely come back to Los Tios in spite of this though.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“It's ok, but nothing special.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Place was clean and staff were efficient and friendly. Food, however, was just ok. Nothing wrong with it as such, just nothing special.

But, combined with the cost, does not provide value for money.

Service was fine, if a bit rushed (plates should not be cleared until all parties are finished eating).

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, Maryland
“Good Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I put Los Tios on the list of restaurants that I might return to if I happen to be in the neighborhood at dinnertime. But I'm not going out of my way to get there.

We had a good enough meal. My wife ordered a margarita which was the biggest margarita I've ever seen (I think it cost a $12, which is a bit high).

I'll give it four stars, which I think is generous. Easily could have been three.

You can sense my enthusiasm, eh?

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere