“Good Mexican” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Bethesda, Maryland
“Good Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I put Los Tios on the list of restaurants that I might return to if I happen to be in the neighborhood at dinnertime. But I'm not going out of my way to get there.

We had a good enough meal. My wife ordered a margarita which was the biggest margarita I've ever seen (I think it cost a $12, which is a bit high).

I'll give it four stars, which I think is generous. Easily could have been three.

You can sense my enthusiasm, eh?

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

USA
“Tasty Tex-Mex”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This small restaurant is locating inside of a charming eating and shopping complex. We enjoyed the steak, chicken, and shrimp fajita combo. Prices were not cheap, but the quality was above average. We had great service by a bunch of "tios" also!

Leesburg, Virginia, United States
“Good margaritas, good food, not great on dessert.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have been to this restaurant about 3 times. Right when they sit you they give you warm chips and salsa.The service of this place is very good, the waiters are always attentive. I feel like the menu could have more options, they have mexican dishes, but I don't feel there is a lot of variation. Their margaritas are excellent, they sell small ones and big ones, we had the mango margarita and were not disappointed. The food portions are a little small, but the overall taste of the food is not bad. My only disappointment was the dessert, we order fried scream which we didn't know was covered in honey and it was awfully sweet! We asked our waiter to please change it because we did not know it was covered in honey, and he did. We got another dessert with ice cream, it was better but it was not a wow dessert. Overall, is a good place to eat, the restaurant is very small, but they have great service. Good place to have a margarita and some tacos. I do not recommend any dessert from here.

• Visited January 2013
Woodbine, Maryland
“Great Sangria margarita”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

An enjoyable lunch. Service was good, food was above average and decent prices. Enjoyed the sangria margarita, one of the best I have had in a long time. The only issue was that you looked out onto a courtyard that was for outside dining in the summer. It had a trash bin and lid tossed there which made the view unnecessarily trashy looking.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hamilton, Virginia
“National Margarita Day!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I stopped at Los tios for dinner on National Margarita Day. We were seated in about 10 minutes upon arrival,which was fine for a Friday evening out. We were given warm chips and fresh salsa, which were very good. We ordered 2 regular margaritas and a lemonade for our daughter. I ordered the fish tacos with Mahi mahi, my husband had beef, chicken, and cheese enchiladas, and our daughter had Dinosaur chicken nuggets and fries.
We were disappointed with the margaritas, they were quite "green" and sour, tasted like cheap mix from the grocery store. The dinosaur chicken nuggets were over-cooked, our daughter wouldn't eat them (and her chicken nugget pallet is refined- haha). My tacos were good, two with plenty of fish and fresh ingredients, I enjoyed them. My husband seemed happy with his meal.
When the waiter came at the end to take our plates, he asked how everything was and we told him that the chicken nuggets were burnt and she wouldn't eat them. So, he offered to take them off the bill, we said that wasn't necessary, but appreciated him acknowledging the problem. So, instead he brought us out a free dessert - flan- which was delicious.
So, hmmm... This place has a good vibe, the crowd and staff are lively, the food is average for the Mexican places around our area and the margaritas were sub-par compared to places like Mexican Cafe in annapolis, or Uncle Julio's in Reston. But, we did very much appreciate the good will gesture of the dessert. For that and the good service, I would definitely recommend.

• 3 of 5 stars Food