“Nice Hotel, Friendly Staff, but Room was Dark” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vineland, New Jersey
“Nice Hotel, Friendly Staff, but Room was Dark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed here one weekend night, as husband and I were attending a friend's wedding. All of the wedding guests stayed here, and there were 2 or 3 other large groups here for weddings as well. Hotel was clean, and staff was friendly and helpful. Nice to eat breakfast on patio with friends the morning after the wedding. We were given a room on the first floor (112) that looked out directly on the covered pool area, so room lacked natural sunlight and was dark. This was a drawback, as I love sunlight in the morning. Also, curtains had to be kept closed so people using pool could not see in the room. Did not request room change because only staying one night and knew hotel was full. Other than that, thoroughly enjoyed the stay and look forward to visiting Leesburg again.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

On the previous weekend I'd stayed at a Comfort Inn in Wheeling that was nearly perfect, and that showed a huge swing in prices from weekdays to weekends: weekday rooms were $40 more than on weekends.

This Comfort Inn Suites was nearly perfect, an virtually identical experience with an even nicer room, and was $40 LESS on weekdays than on weekends. I asked the woman at the desk-very bright, informative, and helpful, BTW-how this terrific hotel in the middle of Leesburg could be almost deserted on a weeknight She said that they were booked solid Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Read the other reviews here-weddings, weddings, weddings. Wine country, big events.

Because, hey, I had this place to myself, just me and a dozen guys on road crews. And I'd be hard-pressed to come up with a better mid-range motel stay in my experience.

I mean, if you've got a wedding, great. But if you have the opportunity to stay here on a weeknight, take it.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Mooresville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Wife and I stayed one night (Saturday) while attending friend's wedding. Hotel was highly occupied for several different weddings. We stayed on the 4th floor. Our room was clean, quiet and well appointed, however the tub/ shower was extremely slick (tub had no anti skid measures). Also, hotel has only 1 hydraulic elevator which was extremely slow and inadequate to serve the hotel so we recommend staying on the first floor. The hotel is convenient to the Dulles Airport and offers a complimentary shuttle but be sure to call at least 24 hours in advance. Staff was extremely friendly and professional but the physical hotel is average at best.

Room Tip: Stay low or plan to use the stairs to avoid the inadequate elevator service.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Suites. We love our wedding guest and typically have three-four weddings every weekend. We recently completed a complete renovation so I am glad to hear you enjoyed your accommodations. I am sorry to hear you found the tub to be slippery. The bathrooms and bath tubs were part of the renovation, so we are working on a solution to make the new tubs slip resistant.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your comments. I hope if you are in our area again in the future, you will come back and see us again.

Haymarket, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Amy, the General Manager, and her staff were absolutely amazing! They went above and beyond to ensure our family and friends had a great experience at their hotel for the Trnka/LeGrand Wedding. The entire wedding party stayed there and we were greeted by smiles and welcoming arms, all times be it day or night! We checking in our parents after Midnight and got the same great service! The rooms are beautiful and so spacious! Very well decorated and designed. Super clean too! The food at breakfast was great with a large variety to choose from. They also provided a complimentary shuttle to the wedding venue ( Historic White Hall Manor) and the General Manager, Amy, even drove the last pick up! What great service! This should be your FIRST CHOICE for choosing a hotel for your wedding guests!!!!!!!

Room Tip: all the rooms are suites, so they are spacious and comfortable
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked our room at Comfort Suites for a wedding nearby. We were greeted with smiling faces and positive attitudes. When we arrived our room wasn't ready, so instead of making us wait, we instead got a free room upgrade! We were excited about the upgrade, the room was large and very clean, plus we had a hot tub in the middle of the room! We were impressed with the friendliness of the staff, the accommodations, and would certainly stay in this hotel again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was in town on business. Stayed here due to the price. Rooms are nice and look like they have been recently renovated. Hotel is in a very good location being right near the outlets. There is some great places to eat including a mexican restaurant within walking distance. The shuttle service was very convenient, but you have to notify the hotel 24 hours in advance unfortunately. Otherwise all in all a good stay with a clean room. My only complaint was the gym seemed very light in terms of equipment, another machine would have been nice.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Joe,

On behalf of the entire staff we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit. We are in a Great Location, just a mile from the Historic District, Outlets, and great restaurants. We recently had a complete renovation, so you are correct the rooms are brand new from top to bottom.

We offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from Dulles Airport and within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. If you have a specific time you need to be at work or at a near by location we request you notify us in advance so we can guarantee the shuttle. The shuttle does run on demand from 7am-10pm daily; however if you have not pre-arranged a time sometime you have to wait 15+ minutes for the driver to return.

I hope you will come back and see us again the next time you are in town for business.

Have a nice weekend!

Leesburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked a night at the Comfort Suites, Leesburg through a 3rd party website (choicehotels.com - NEVER use them). Choicehotels.com incorrectly booked our room for the wrong night. When my out of town in-laws arrived at the hotel to check in, the Comfort Suites staff said that the reservation was made for the previous night and we were charged the full rate as a "no show". The Comfort Suites staff refused to acknowledge that a mistake was made. I spoke at length with the hotel manger, Amy, to describe the situation and that choicehotels.com made an error in booking the reserviation. Amy said that she is not responsible for chiocehotel.com and that since no one on her staff did anything wrong, they could neither credit us for the night that no one showed up (the mistake of choicehotels.com) and that they would not comp our room for the correct night. We spent over an hour trying to get a hold of someone at choicehotels.com to try to fix this as well without being able to get a hold of anyone other than an automated system, frequently dropping our calls. We will never go through them again either.

But I could not believe the unwillingness of someone in the hospitality industry to help people who clearly had no control over the mistake that was made. Choicehotels.com is a business partner of Comfort Suites yet Amy refused to acknowledge that they have anything to do with how reservations are booked through a 3rd party.

We just moved our family into the area and will need hotels for people visiting over the next 20+ years. How easy would it have been for Amy and the Comfort Suites staff to say "I'm so sorry for the inconvience...I apologize on the behalf of our business partner... your future business is important to us so please accept this room courtesy of Comfort Suties...". This was not a weekend where the hotel was packed full. Not a holiday weekend. Amy said that "any hotel chain in the country would handle this situation the same way". Well Amy, if that's what you believe, how about you try to differentiate yourself from the million other hotel chains out there and do something that might actually earn yourself more business going forward. The Hampton Suites next door gladly accepted our last minute reservation and for a better rate. They'll have our business for the next 20 years.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Dear Jeff,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your expereince. I welcome comments both good and bad as it affords me the opportunity to respond.

We are very accommodating and typically do everything we can to work with our guests when mistakes are made at the property. At no time did anyone from your family show up at the hotel directly and be denied a room. You are correct we were not sold out and we did have rooms still available. We were very busy with weddings and leisure travelers, having just a few rooms to sell. Your wife contacted me during the day regarding a reservation that was made for the wrong day. She mentioned she had made the reservation for the wrong day and wanted to know if she was charged. I explained to her that her reservation was a no-show. No-show reservations are billed one night and the remainder of the reservation is cancelled, as is customary with no-shows at most hotels. We do not charged for the entire stay, just the first night and release the remaining nights with no penalty to you.

As per our conversation later in the day, your reservation was booked on-line through a thrid party reservation system. You would have received a confirmation showing your arrival and departure dates. I know you expressed that they had made a mistake regarding your reservation booked on-line. As I mentioned we are always happy to fix any mistakes our staff make regarding reservations. Third party reservations through Expedia and other third party reservation systems need to be changed or cancelled through the thrid party.

I know you requested that I remake your reservation and not charge you for the night you did not arrive. Unfortuntaley with no-shows those rooms are guaranteed for late arrival. We do not sell your confirmed room, so when you no-show you are billed for 1 night.

I did apologize several times even offering to make you a reservation for your guests coming in. Hotel rooms are similar to movie tickets and airline tickets. You can not use a movie ticket for the next night, if you do not go to the show that night. Movie tickets and airline seats have already been rented for the following day. I am so sorry that I could not give you the free night you requested for your guests staying in the area.

Jeff, again thank you for taking the time to share with us your concerns regarding your no-show reservation, and giving me the opportunity to explain our policy. I know you mentioned you would place a review with your comments, and I thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

As a I long time resident of Loudoun County and Leesburg, Virginia, I would like to welcome you to our area. Leesburg is a great place to call home and I am sure you will enjoy living here. Leesburg is a great town to raise a family. My husband and I are both from Leesburg and we are now raising our three children here.

Once again please accept my apology for not being able to offer you a free night stay as you requested. I hope if you have family in our area in the future, you will consider having them stay with us at the Comfort Suites Leesburg. We have a great hotel, with an amazing staff, and would love to have you as our guest.

Comfort Suites Leesburg

Been to Comfort Suites Leesburg? Share your experiences!