“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

This hotel offers a comfortable stay at a reasonable price. The staff is helpful and courteous and they keep a well maintained hotel. I would recommend it as an option if you ever find yourself in the historic town of Leesburg.

Room Tip: Choose a hotel at the end of a hallway for less noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Traveler Mom,

I love Historic Downtown Leesburg myself and am happy to call this my home. Leesburg has so many things to do and see when visiting our town.

The First Friday of every month is always the best time to plan a trip to Leesburg. The downtown town area comes alive with live music, wine tastings, and late night hours. What other town can you go to a NFL Football Players pottery studio, The Cooley Gallery, take a Hauntings Tour, dine in award winning restaurants, visit George Marshall's home, or listen to Acoustics on the Green...why Leesburg of course!

I hope that if your travels bring you back to our area again in the future that you will stay with us again. Don't forget to stop by the front desk, our staff can provide you with discount passes to area attractions, shopping, wine tastings, and even Great Country Farms.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Regards,

Comfort Suites Leesburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stayed at CS for a baseball tourney with my kiddos. Experience started out well, shuttle service was great, driver Chas was really friendly, so was an Indian man we met Bob, both catered to our every need, very kind and professional men. Only issue was a few of the staff were rude to my kids, yes I know kids are a handful but constantly telling them to be quiet and giving them dirty looks was unacceptable. The blonde haired girl working was aggressive towards us, and called me Bud, my name is William. Not Buddy. Was constantly around us outside smoking as well. Followed us in once ane tried to help us. Other guy at the desk tried to make up for it, but I wasnt in the mood.

This place isnt bad but the experience with the young lady means I wont be coming back.

Needs new furniture and updated breakfast as well. Oh ya the rollaway was not good.

Hope they improve, I stayed here 4 months ago and it was great, but not latest one. Was treated well by two young men at desk first stay and popcorn was loaded.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Softball Guests,

I would like to apologize for not providing the customary service you are use to from our hotel. We are know for our customer service and professionalism. I would like to apologize for my staff not addressing you more professionally during your stay.

I know the girls like to have fun when traveling to different hotels, I have a travel volleyball player and travel baseball player myself. Unfortunately I was one of the people that had to speak to your girls on more than one occasion. I am a parent of three myself, so its always tough to speak to other parents teenagers. As the manager of the hotel I have to think of all the guests at the hotel. I know the girls didn't want to be out on the patio with their parents; however when my staff was unable to answer the phone and check guests in, I did ask them to please be quiet or go outside on several occassions. I know that another staff member did have to go out and speak to parents on the patio as we had several complaints about the girls pushing each other on the luggage carts up and down the halls. I want the girls to have a great time while they are here that is why we have a beautiful outdoor patio and pool area for them to enjoy.

We completed stage one of our renovation last week with new furniture, drapes, linens, and lamps. Our stage two will include new bathrooms with a marble surround, so you will have to come back and see our new rooms.

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent stay at our hotel, I hope if your team finds themselves in our area again in the future that you will come back and stay with us again. We would love another opportunity to provide you with a wow experience.
I look forward to seeing you soon!

Thanks,

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Breakfast food was not very good - have seen much better at other hotels. Desk chair in room was broken - replaced after second request. Sleep timer did not work with remote - desk clerk showed how to use controls ON TV after second complaint.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Family Visit Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Leesburg. It is only through your feedback that we are able to make changes. I am sorry to hear that you had an issue with your desk chair, and that my staff did not remedy the situation during your first request. Customer service is very important to me, so I would like to apologize for not taking care of your requests, after we were made aware of the issue, please know that this is not something that typically occurs at our property.

We are happy to report we began our renovation last week, all our furniture, linens, curtains, and bathrooms will be brand new by September of this year.

Once again thank you for letting us know about your recent visit. I hope when you are back in town visiting your family, that you will come back and stay with us again.

Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed here while riding the C&O trail, and took advantage of their free shuttle from White's Ferry. (Tip: book directly with the hotel for a lower Ride and Stay rate.) They treated us well from start to finish. The room was nice, the breakfast was good, and the indoor hot tub and pool was just what was needed after a long day of bicycling. A very comfortable and nice stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ride and Stay Guest,

We would like to thank you for booking our "Ride and Stay Package". I love the outdoors and the Ride and Stay Package is one of my favorites, and just one of 8 different packages we offer at the hotel. Discounted rates on packages are always available when calling the hotel directly and we have great suggestions on what to see and do while in town too.

I am glad to hear you were able to enjoy the pool during your stay, it is great for a little relaxation after a long days ride.

We hope to see you again in the future. Leesburg has a variety of historic attractions, wineries, and restaurants perfect for a second visit. The W&OD Trail directly behind the hotel also makes for a great ride. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Long Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The room was very big, as was the bathroom. The room was very reasonably priced and the continental breakfast was a nice touch, although the breakfast was barebones. However, when we first walked into the room, there was a weird, musty smell. My friend requested for a room change, but they told us that they were all booked for the night, but did agree to shampoo the carpet. We came back and it was slightly better...
There was also a popcorn machine, but there never seemed to any popcorn when we went by...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the odor in your room when you arrived, I am happy to hear the shampooing of the carpet made the conditions better for you.

The Executive Suite does provide more space than is typically found in most hotels and the bathroom is a great size. The Jacuzzi bath is perfect for a relaxing soak.

We currently have 35+ offerings on our breakfast buffet which is double what Choice requires us to have. We have added 4 fresh fruit options, made to order waffles, assorted pastries, muffins, croissants, cereals and of course our hot offerings, which rotate daily. We are working to offer a different variety in the future.

I hope if you are in our area again, you will come back and stay with us again. I look forward to seeing you soon!

Novato, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed here while we were cycling the C & O. The room was clean and comfortable. It had the amenities we needed, including coin-op laundry. Breakfast was not particularly interesting. The location is convenient for cyclists who are going to ride the W&OD bike path, but it is about a mile from the historic center of town and the nicer restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Cyclist,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your recent visit and were able to take advantage of our Ride and Stay Package. The C&O and W&OD Trail are perfect for guests looking for a biking adventure.

The laundry room is a great amenity one I often look for when traveling myself. It's always nice to be able to wash a few cloths for the next days adventure. I am glad you were able to take advantage of this great amenity.

We are making a few changes to our breakfast offerings adding both Gluten Free and Soy Milk along with a few new items.

I hope if you are in the area again in the future that you will come back and stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We arrived at White's Ferry and requested the hotel shuttle service. We had one bike that has a step-through frame (no top bar). If your bike rack relies on using the top bar to mount the bike, you need to have a frame adapter bar or you can't transport the bike. They didn't have a frame adapter bar, but the driver removed the bike's front wheel and put the bike inside the van. Very nice! Going back to the ferry in the morning, we advised the front desk ahead of time and the morning driver removed one of the van's seats to accommodate the bike. We really appreciated that. I did recommend that the hotel get a Top Tube Frame Adapter to make life easier for them. They aren't expensive and would save a lot of time and work for the drivers.

When we first arrived with 11 bikes in the group, the van driver went in and found a meeting room that was not scheduled for anything and allowed us to store the bikes in there for the night. I opted to keep mine with me in the room and no one objected to that.

We enjoyed sitting on the back patio after dinner for a bit. They had cookies and popcorn in the lobby for snacks too.

They had a tall spigot on the water fountain that worked great for filling our water bottles.

The hotel room itself was clean, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was pretty much the standard offerings. They had very good hot biscuits. I didn't try the gravy but others in the group seemed to enjoy it. Everything was fresh and there were plenty of choices.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Retired Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent ride into Leesburg. I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our Ride and Stay Package. We have added a few new features to our package this month which include discount passes to George Marshall's Leesburg Home, Historic Oatlands, Morven Park, and of course wine tasting.

We found many of our groups were retired and were looking for activities in each of the towns they stopped in. A complimentary shuttle is now included to all the Historical Attractions, Shopping, Wine Tasting, Dining, and even a grab and go lunch for the next days ride on the trail.

I hope if you make to our area in the future, that you will come back and stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you ride through our doors soon!

Have a great weekend!

Comfort Suites Leesburg

Been to Comfort Suites Leesburg? Share your experiences!