“Bike Friendly, Clean and Comfy” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Bike Friendly, Clean and Comfy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We arrived at White's Ferry and requested the hotel shuttle service. We had one bike that has a step-through frame (no top bar). If your bike rack relies on using the top bar to mount the bike, you need to have a frame adapter bar or you can't transport the bike. They didn't have a frame adapter bar, but the driver removed the bike's front wheel and put the bike inside the van. Very nice! Going back to the ferry in the morning, we advised the front desk ahead of time and the morning driver removed one of the van's seats to accommodate the bike. We really appreciated that. I did recommend that the hotel get a Top Tube Frame Adapter to make life easier for them. They aren't expensive and would save a lot of time and work for the drivers.

When we first arrived with 11 bikes in the group, the van driver went in and found a meeting room that was not scheduled for anything and allowed us to store the bikes in there for the night. I opted to keep mine with me in the room and no one objected to that.

We enjoyed sitting on the back patio after dinner for a bit. They had cookies and popcorn in the lobby for snacks too.

They had a tall spigot on the water fountain that worked great for filling our water bottles.

The hotel room itself was clean, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was pretty much the standard offerings. They had very good hot biscuits. I didn't try the gravy but others in the group seemed to enjoy it. Everything was fresh and there were plenty of choices.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Retired Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent ride into Leesburg. I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our Ride and Stay Package. We have added a few new features to our package this month which include discount passes to George Marshall's Leesburg Home, Historic Oatlands, Morven Park, and of course wine tasting.

We found many of our groups were retired and were looking for activities in each of the towns they stopped in. A complimentary shuttle is now included to all the Historical Attractions, Shopping, Wine Tasting, Dining, and even a grab and go lunch for the next days ride on the trail.

I hope if you make to our area in the future, that you will come back and stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you ride through our doors soon!

Have a great weekend!

Comfort Suites Leesburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

i was happy with the room. It was large and an excellent value for the price. The location was convenient with easy access to outlet and attractions. Reading other reviews I was worried about guests being loud and sure enough there was a loud party in a room across the hall that had us up until 1am.I would also have to say the shower was the lowest flow shower I can remember. Overall if it was not for the screamers across the hall it would have been a better stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rodger,

I wanted to begin by taking this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to the Comfort Suites Leesburg. It is only through your feedback that we were able to find out about the incident that occurred during your visit, with out your feedback we would not be able to correct it for future visitors to our hotel.

Although we do have wedding guests stay with us every weekend, we typically do not have an issues, as the weddings do not occur at the property. I was sorry to hear that we had a group of guests that were loud and out of control during your visit. We are a family friendly hotel and we do not permit parting at the property.

I would like to thank you again for letting us know about your visit, I hope if you are in the area in the future, you will come back and stay with us again.

I look forward to seeing you soon!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We were part of a group of 10 cyclists riding the GAP/C&O Canal Towpath and we all booked the Ride and Stay package at Comfort Suites in Leesburg, VA in June 2014. We were caught in a torrential downpour just before getting to White's Ferry, and bikes, panniers, and riders were wet and muddy. After crossing White's Ferry, we called for the hotel van to come and pick us up (four of our group had arrived earlier). Even though it was weekday rush hour, the van arrived in a timely fashion and somehow loaded six muddy bikes, gear and riders with dispatch. Some bikes went in the back of the van and others went on a bike rack.

When we arrived at the hotel, there was a hose available to wash bikes and gear and then bikes for our entire group were locked securely in the basement to dry overnight.

The communal area with dining tables off the foyer made a great gathering place before dinner for our group. The shuttle took us to dinner and back, and two vans were available in the morning to get all 10 of us, with bikes and gear, back to White's Ferry to continue our trip.

The rooms were spacious and immaculate. The staff were friendly, pleasant and supportive in a way that can only happen when people enjoy their jobs. Breakfast was great. The most cyclist friendly and accomodating place that we stayed between Pittsburgh and Washington, DC.

Ride and Stay package is listed on their website under the Packages tab, at the bottom of the page.

Don't forget to tip the shuttle drivers; it is the right thing to do!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Cactus Kitty,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for riding into town and letting us know about your recent stay with us. The "Ride Stay Package" is a great package that allows guests like yourself, traveling on the trail, an opportunity to have a relaxing night stay, dinner in a local restaurant, and transportation to and from the trail. I have had the pleasure of working with many bike groups and always ask what could we do to make your stay more enjoyable.

We added the bike rack, water access to clean your bikes, and now we have even added bag lunches for you to take back on the trail. Feedback like what you provided us today allows me the opportunity to let our staff know what a great job they are doing. Please feel free to provides us with any recommendation you may have regarding the package.

I hope if you are in our area in the future, that you will ride in to see us again. Have a great holiday weekend, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Regards,

Stevenage, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Excellent bike friendly hotel. Reception staff couldn't be friendlier or more helpful. They gave advice on places to eat and the shuttle service is excellent. Rooms are large and well furnished as well as being spotlessly clean. Overall thoroughly recommended.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Steven,

I would like to thank you for letting me know about your experience with our Ride and Stay Package at the Comfort Suites. The C&O Canal Trail offers a wonderful opportunity for guests that enjoy biking.

I am glad you enjoyed our recommendations for dinner during your stay. I always find myself asking the staff at hotels where they would go and I made sure my staff was able to direct guests visiting our area with the best options for dining out. You can never go wrong with a visit to Lightfoot, they have amazing food!

I hope if your travels bring you back to Virginia, that you will come back and stay with us again.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed here as part of a group from out of town for a wedding. Room was nice size and very comfortable -- although the furniture and carpets in our room were a bit dated and worn. The room and hotel were clean, the staff were very friendly and accommodating. Popcorn machine in the lobby and warm cookies in the afternoon. They did a good job of handling a good sized group of us in one of their meeting rooms adjacent to the nice little outdoor terrace for a post rehearsal dinner gathering. I had managed to pack everything but my toiletries and the staff graciously found complimentary toothbrush, hairspray and tooth floss! Complimentary breakfast was good though I think we overwhelmed them a bit -- the coffee supply was consistently taxed. Location is great and reasonably priced. Suggestion for breakfast -- lactose-free milk to go with the cereal.

Dear Lesley,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with your large wedding group. We have our wedding parties down to a science with 4-5 every weekend, we have plenty of practice.

We are currently in the process of a large renovation with new furniture, lamps, bathrooms, curtains, and more. You will love the changes we are making, so you will have to come back and see how the new rooms look in mid-September. We are just 12 years old, but we are going for a new modern change.

I always forget an items or too, so its great to be able to stop by the desk for hair spray or even a sewing kit for a quick repair. I am glad we had the items you needed.

I hope we will see you back at the Suites again in the future!

Have a great holiday weekend!

Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Recently spent 2 nights in this hotel while attending nearby graduation. Found the property to be very clean, comfortable, affordable, centrally located (easy access from highway). Very nice complimentary (expanded) continental breakfast. Beds remarkably comfortable. Airport shuttle.Very courteous and helpful staff. Would not hesitate to recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Graduation Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying with Comfort Suites during your recent stay in Leesburg. Graduation is such a fun occasion, so I am glad to hear we could accommodate your recent visit. I wish we could have provided a little cooler weather for you during your stay, but maybe next time.

I hope we will be your new home away from home when coming to visit your family in Leesburg. Have a great holiday weekend and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

This was a great place to stay when biking the C & O Canal towpath. The bike shuttle to and from White's Ferry was excellent and the manager who did our shuttle told me that he would share the tip I gave him with his staff. Nice! The hotel is in good shape and the shuttle drivers and front desk people gave excellent customer service. We were a large group and they handled us well and were very attentive to our needs. Hoses to wash down bikes and also a bike storage room. Cookies at the front desk! Shuttle to restaurants downtown for dinner were also good. I highly recommend this hotel.

Dear Rene,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your recent bike trip into the Comfort Suites. The C&O and W&OD Trail are great local amenities and we are happy to offer a Ride and Stay Package with both trails.

The C&O Canal trail does require a hose down from time to time, when we have rain like we have had this Spring and Summer, so I am glad to hear the water hoses came in handy for your bikes. Some guests have even had to use the on-site laundry room to wash clothes prior to the next days ride.

I hope if you ride into our area in the future that you will come back to see us again. We now offer bag lunches for the trail for your next days ride.

Have a great holiday weekend!

Comfort Suites Leesburg

Been to Comfort Suites Leesburg? Share your experiences!