“Great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Allen Park, Michigan
“Great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We recently stayed at the Comfort Suites for our daughters wedding. We had a large group staying there for the festivities. The staff was outstanding! Amy & Kathleen were very knowledgable and helpful with our group concerning tourist attractions in the Leesburg area and tours to Washington, DC. We didn't have to worry about any of our arrangements for our Hospitality Room, the staff set everything up without any reminders. We can honestly say, we were able to enjoy our guests and not have to worry about a single thing. The rooms were neat and clean upon our arrival. I would highly recommend to anyone having a wedding in the area to stay here. Amy and Kathleen kept me updated on the rooming lists and offered suggestions for food and beverages to have for our group. I can't thank the enough!

Kathy T.

Room Tip: The executive suite was great. It was very roomy and had a kitchette in the room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Kathy,

Kathleen and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again for choosing Comfort Suites Leesburg for your daughter's wedding. I must say your family was a dream to work with!

We often forget how close we are to Washington DC for guests coming in from out of town, I was happy to hear your family enjoyed the DC tour. The tour is a great way to experience the city especially if you are from out of town. Sounds like they had a great time. We have done the wine tours several times, but never had the opportunity to do the DC tour, I am happy it worked well for them.

My staff loved bartending for your family in the hospitality room. They had a great time and want to know when you all are coming back, don't forget we are perfect for family reunions! It's a great space for getting together with family.

Kathy, thanks again for your kind words, Kathleen and I can't thank you enough for letting us know about your experience at the Comfort Suites Leesburg. We hope to see you back in the future.

Wishing you a Happy Holiday,

Comfort Suites Leesburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Leesburg, VA while touring wineries ... both of us thought it was a great place to stay. The location was near downtown and they drove us up to our dinner reservation (at Tuscarora Mill - also very good), it would have been great if they would have picked us up also but the free shuttle ended at 10.. our dinner was over at 10:05 ... seems like they should provide this service until 11 on weekends. The room was very clean and the staff were great. My favorite part was the fantastic breakfast they offered - a very pleasant surprise! Staff also hooked us up with extra winery information and coupons in the area. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: You can get a 15% off coupon from Tuscarora Mills winery tour map.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Neighboring Marylanders,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Leesburg. We recently made several changes to our breakfast selection, so I was glad to hear you enjoyed the new offerings.

I was so happy to get your feedback regarding our shuttle service. After reading your review we adjusted our shuttle times to 11pm on Friday and Saturday night, for local shuttles. Your absolutely right we should offer a shuttle to shopping and dinning in Loudoun until 11pm on the weekends. I am sorry we were not able to accommodate your return trip, but please know if you come back and stay with us in the future, our shuttle will be available until 11pm on Friday and Saturday night. Thanks for the great suggestion!

The vineyards in Loudoun our wonderful, we will have just over 40 by the end of this year. You will have to plan a return visit, so you can experience them all! I know you were heading off to beautiful Middleburg, I am sure your visit was just as amazing.

We hope to see you back again in the future. Don't forget our "Winery Tour Package" in our Executive King Whirlpool Suite, which would be perfect for your next getaway weekend!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

For this type of hotel I thought the facilities and staff were great. We had an executive suite and was impressed with the room. Room had a full kitchen with separate living room and a whirlpool in the bathroom which I prefer over one in the room. No room service but plenty of food delivery service restaurants. It is also walking distance to restaurants, pharmacies, mall and convenience stores. Overall a great stay.

Room Tip: second floor rooms above lobby can get some noise during breakfast time
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear. Dr. Sopa,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Leesburg. The Executive King Whirlpool Suite is my favorite suite at our hotel, I am certainly glad you enjoyed it. We now offer a Winery Tour Package and Sweetheart Package in our Whirlpool Suite, if you are looking for a relaxing weekend getaway.

I hope you have a great holiday season, and Happy Thanksgiving from everyone here at the Comfort Suites Leesburg. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is a great location, close to Leesburg Outlets. The room was adequate and could have used a good cleaning. The carpet was a little dingy, couch and desk chair had stains. Bath towel had hair on it. I typically stay at Hampton Inns, but decided to try this place. I think the cost was a little high given the condition of the room. Also, the indoor pool is not heated, which was a disappointment to my 4 year old. I made an assumption and should have known that it was not heated, since it was not specified. Breakfast was good, typical continental selection. Overall an average stay.

• Stayed October 2013
Amy C, Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Ms. Doyle,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Leesburg. The hotel is less than 1 mile from Historic Downtown Leesburg and a 1/2 mile from the Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets, which makes for great shopping!

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding our indoor heated pool. The pool and hot tub at the Comfort Suites Leesburg are both heated. We keep the pool at 82 degrees, which is standard for most indoor heated pools. Because of your comments, I made a visit to the pool area and you are correct, it could be warmer. Now that we are moving in to the cooler months we need to increase the temperature to make it a little more comfortable, given the outside temperature. Thanks for your suggestion.

We pride ourselves on customer service and the cleanliness of our rooms, so I was sorry to hear we fell short during your recent stay. I have brought your concerns regarding the condition of your room to our housekeeping department. Your comments allows us to ensure the next guest does not have the same experience.

Once again I would like to thank you for letting us know about your recent experience at the Comfort Suites Leesburg. I hope that the next time you are in our area you will come back and stay with us. Don't forget our "Shop and Stay Package", which gives you a complimentary coupon book for the outlets, Crabtree & Evelyn gift set, and of course free shuttle service.

We look forward to seeing in the future.

Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My first stay here was wonderful. I had done some preparation work and had read the great reviews on the hotel. I had also gotten rates from other hotels of similar quality. I ended up calling this hotel since I arrived in Leesburg without having confirmed a room. Not a good idea as Leesburg is a VERY popular destination. Anyway, this hotel gave me a higher rate than another hotel. When I told the hotel agent I was going to stay elsewhere, he ended up matching the rate I had been given by the other hotel. As it turned out, I was upgraded to their biggest suite and according to the front desk, I was staying at a very phenomenal rate. The suite had a full kitchen, living room and in-suite jacuzzi. Everyone was charming and helpful and I had a great stay. The room was clean and nice for a lower mid-level hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Suze,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Leesburg. Your absolutely right Leesburg is a destination you really need to make an advance reservation for, especially on the weekends. Historic attractions, outlet shopping, weddings, and the beautiful vineyards make Leesburg a great location to visit.

We have a great staff here at the Comfort Suites Leesburg, so I was happy to hear they were able to get you in at a comparable rate, and then upgrade to one of Executive King Whirlpool Suites.

I hope the next time you are in town, you will come back and stay with us at the Comfort Suites Leesburg. Don't forget we have 8 amazing getaway packages, just waiting for your next visit! We look forward to seeing you in the future.

PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

After many great reviews of Comfort Suites, we selected the Winery Tour Package which includes deluxe accommodations in Executive King Whirlpool Suite and 2 for 1 Wine Tastings at 30 wineries and vineyards in Loudoun County, hot breakfast delivered to your room and cheese platter. I called and booked directly with the hotel and received an email confirmation which didn't have any mention of the package. The next day I called to make sure that I received the package and found out that yes I had the package but price was actually around $50 higher per night than quoted. After numerous calls/emails, I had it straightened out. First, there was not an option of 30 wineries. Most of the options were not even in Leesburg. Many of coupons aren't two for one but $1 off tasting or complementary tasting with purchase of two bottles of wine. As for the Executive Whirlpool Suite, it was also a disappointment. The bed was exactly as pictured and was very comfortable. However, the room had an odd layout. It was long and narrow with a large whirlpool tub about 4 x 7 ft on one wall in the middle of the room and large desk and safe on the other. Other the desk chair, there was no place to sit except for the bed. So if you are relaxing in the whirlpool, you can look at the safe or desk? The morning breakfast buffet was adequate but it is included with all rooms. If you want breakfast delivered to your room as advertised, you walk down to breakfast buffet and take food back to your room but there is no place to sit. Basically, you are paying $50 per night for a platter of cheese and grapes. In summary, package is not worth the added expense. Overall the Comfort Suites is a nice hotel. The rooms are comfortable and large. Although the layout was odd, the room was nice. Other than no chairs, my only complaint was the peeling paint in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Selecting room rather than package is better value
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Hi Mr. and Mrs. Fisher,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Leesburg. As I mentioned during our conversation, I welcome any feedback.

It was only through our conversation on Sunday that we were able to clarify you were not actually in the Executive King Whirlpool Suite. Had you not expressed your concern, you may have thought you were staying in our Executive King Whirlpool Suite and chose never to stay with us in the future.

The Winery Tour Package is $179 per night plus tax in our Executive Whirlpool Suite. The Executive Suite without the package is normally $139 per night. The package includes accommodations in our Executive King Whirlpool Suite, 2 for 1 wine tasting at 17 vineyards and discounts at 30+ vineyards in Loudoun County. Grapes, cheese and crackers, foaming bubble bath, candles and a hot breakfast delivered to your room the following morning, complete the get-a-way package.

I wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I know you were not give all the wine tasting coupon until your second day with us. Your feedback helped us to make a change to our policy, making sure that guest were given the wine trail map and coupons at check in, instead of when the package was delivered. We also decided to no longer offer the package in the King Studio Suite, which you stayed in. The King Suite does not have the amenities, like the dining table and chairs, separate bathroom with Whirlpool bath and spacious living room, that are featured in our Executive Suite. We had offered the package in the King Studio Suite, as it was only $139 per night, which enabled us to offer a different price point.

As per our conversation we would love if you would come back and visit us again in the future. We would love to upgrade you to our Executive King Whirlpool Suite. If we can assist you any further, please do not hesitate to give us a call.

Thanks again and Happy 30th Anniversary!

Regards,

Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed here for one night, having just flown in from the UK. As soon as we stepped over the threshold we felt very much at home. The hotel has a lovely ambience about it. Next morning we had a lovey breakfast which was very good indeed. Our room was very spacious and spotless.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Amy C, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Jen Devon,

We wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us.

We love our international travelers! Next time you cross the pond, we hope that you come back and stay with us again at the Comfort Suites Leesburg. We have great shopping and wine tasting coupons for you to enjoy.

Thanks again for letting us know about your stay.

Comfort Suites Leesburg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
3.5 of 5 stars 188 reviews
Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun

Been to Comfort Suites Leesburg? Share your experiences!