“Clean and comfortable with a few discrepancies” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Dover, Delaware
“Clean and comfortable with a few discrepancies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as loyal Choice Hotel patrons and were enroute to a vacation in the Shenandoah Valley. The hotel was very clean and the room was comfortable. We were greeted upon arrival and were offered a cookie but since there were only two or three left and we hadn't had dinner, we deferred to later. When we arrived back after going to dinner we asked the receptionist if there were any cookies and he laughed and said "No there were no more, you should have been here earlier." We were rather offended and asked if they would bake more since it was still early evening. The answer was no. OK so we missed out. I had stayed in Sleep Inn Gettysburg a few nights before and they offered well into the night to bake more cookies if we wanted. We headed outside to sit on the patio and noticed the rooms with balconies. We were assigned a room at the end of a hallway right next to the washing and drying machines. Since we were only there for one night we didn't ask to be moved, however, since the hotel was not filled, we should have been offered one of those rooms. The breakfast was much better than a few other Choice Hotels we have stayed in. The only drawback was a small room and lots of congestion in trying to cook waffles, etc. The only concern we had was a few individuals sat in a parked truck from 7:30 PM through all night. Lights would come on and go off; the truck would start up then off. In the morning after 7:00 AM it was gone. We found it strange that the staff permitted this to occur as I saw cameras focused on the parking area.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room if they are available. There is a much better view of the area than the park...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for the response you received when returning from dinner I have addressed the issue with our staff and have made some changes to our policy regarding cookies, to extend the hours our staff will be making fresh cookies. In regards to the balcony I appreciate you mentioning this in your review. I will definitely think about this being an offering to guests upon check in when available. We do have quite a few of our guests that are aware of the balcony rooms and do request them in advance and we do our best to accommodate these requests. As far as the truck in the parking lot we do have several guests that stay with us who have refrigerated trucks that do need to be run throughout the night. I hope I have addressed your concerns and that you would stay with Comfort Suites Leesburg in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed one night and were very impressed with the value. Usually don't stay with this brand, but we were pleasantly surprised with how great it was. Good location, large room with a cute balcony, good sized bathroom, fitness center, and indoor pool. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was an added bonus! Next time we are in Leesburg we will be sure to stay here again.
PS. We loved the popcorn machine in the lobby!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I am so glad Comfort Suites Leesburg was a "pleasant surprise". We work very hard to make all of our guests stay enjoyable. We hope to see you again soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were visiting Leesburg for one night and someone I know who works there in law enforcement told me this hotel was a safe bet. He was correct. It was very clean (the most important attribute,)and the room was comfortable and had all that we needed. Breakfast was better than some hotels, not as good as high end, but the staff was extremely accomodating. The setting is not especially attractive; right next to a lower end motel and near a busy intersection, but put all that aside when you get there. If you just need a good place to stay, this is perfect. I will definitely stay there again if I return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Laura F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review on your stay at Comfort Suites Leesburg. We are glad that we were able to make your stay enjoyable and hope to see you again in the future.
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just back from another stay at the Comfort Suites, Leesburg. This is fast becoming my one of my favorite properties. The hotel is always clean, the staff excellent and their attention to customer service is outstanding. Hat's off to Laura the GM. I would stay at ANY hotel she managed. Her commitment to customer service should be taught at a school somewhere. She cooks dinner for guests on Tuesday's, outstanding cook (and desert maker).

Highly recommend this property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Laura F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to make another stay at Comfort Suites Leesburg enjoyable for you. We hope to see you again very soon. Thank you again.
wilmington nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

This Comfort Suites is great for many reasons. Close to historic Leesburg with quaint antique shops, restaurants, and old town charm. Parking downtown can be validated at restaurants. Cost us just 50 cents for over 2 hours. Hotel convenient to outlet mall and restaurants. Office manager very knowledgeable on local wineries and gave us insight and tasting coupons. Breakfast is good. Typical for hotel food. Highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2013
Laura F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at our hotel and some of the great attractions Loudoun County has to offer. We hope you return to Comfort Suites Leesburg and "Get Lost in Loudoun" very soon. Thank you again.
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We loved our 3-day stay. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful in many ways. The room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was your typical deluxe continental and was quite good. I loved the sausage and the coffee was excellent. The location is convenient to Rt 15 byp and 7W business. They have $3 discount coupons for Oaklands. See website for a list of all the amenities including a nice patio in the back.

Room Tip: Room 112 is conveniently located to all the amenities. It is more spacious and has a desk and a big...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad you chose Comfort Suites Leesburg and were able to enjoy one of the many great attractions Loudoun County has to offer. We hope you return to Loudoun County and Comfort Suites Leesburg very soon. Thank you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I would like to take a moment to thank Laura and her staff for a wonderful stay at this hotel. Everything was wonderful. This hotel was everything I would expect from a Comfort Suites and then some. Definately better than older style Comfort Inns or an Econo Lodge. It all boils down to the level of customer sevice. After my mother and I made a four hour drive we were greeted by Tyler, a wonderful young man who helped us out a lot! We were in town for the Lee wedding. It was my cousin who got married. Tyler did a great job and answered any questions me and my family had. I don't usually do the driving when my family and I visit Virginia, but my Father wasn't feeling well so he stayed home this time. I was certainly tired after the four hour drive, and it was such a delight to find a nice professional guy behind the Front Desk who made check in quick and easy.

We were put right near everyone else that booked with the wedding and I was happy about that. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. They were almost as comfortable as my own and I slept good both nights. I also want to say that I also enjoyed the breakfast. I loved the sausage and the pastries and waffles were also very good.

On the day of the wedding, I got to meet Laura, the GM. She was very friendly and helpful with everything, so thank you Laura. The only part of our stay that was less than desireable was that, our trolley driver got lost on the way to the winery and it took us forever to get there, but I know that this wasn't the hotels fault. In fact I think my Aunt called up and asked the hotels shuttle van to assist, so Thank You for that :) I just thought I would mention it in case other guests want to use this trolley service. The guy didn't know where he was going and turned around five times, when we were told he was just up there the day before. He wasn't paying any attention to my family when they told him to stop and ask for directions. Again, not the hotels fault. Im sure my Aunt called the trolley service to complain because the guy really should've known where he was going. It was an awful experience and I hope other guests don't run into the same problem with this trolley service.

On the night we arrived, I got to relax in the hotels pool and spa area. I really enjoyed the whirlpool. Very relaxing after a long trip. I also work for Choice Hotels and I know how hard it can be to please customers sometimes. I know this from being a Front Desk clerk for 8 years. Everyone at this hotel did an Awesome job and I can't saw enough kind words about Laura and her staff. I can see that all of you take pride in this property. It shows it, and you all should be very proud of it. Thanks again :)

• Stayed April 2013
Laura F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad you and your family enjoyed their stay at Comfort Suites Leesburg. We are also glad we were able to help out when the Hired Shuttle service had issues. We hope to see you again. Thank you again.

Been to Comfort Suites Leesburg? Share your experiences!