“very nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel around Thanksgiving every year now for about 10 years. My wife and I go there to visit to family and friends. The rooms are excellent and the staff treat you very good. The breakfeast every morning is great. Leesburg Va has a lot of history. Very old history if you like that stuff.

Room Tip: Have not been in a bad room there, but the whirlpool suites are very good, also a heated pool inside...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed here just one night as part of a wedding. Our room was very comfortable. The breakfast was good and met our needs. Also used the shuttle service to get back and forth to the reception - worked very well. Would stay here again if in Leesburg.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I was in town recently for a memorial service and was booked around the corner at a place that was so terrible, I literally walked out, walked over to the Comfort Suites (which was booked) and was able to get an "emergency room" at the last moment at a very good rate. I was so relieved I could have cried. There's an indoor pool, a nice work-out room, a breakfast buffet, and an outdoor lounge area. My room was a suite that was quite large, well-appointed, with a balcony. The staff was very nice and even though there were four wedding parties staying there, I never heard any noise at all. I'm very grateful to the staff for making this work for me. I wish the rest of my group had been as lucky but as I said, they were fully booked.

Room Tip: Top floor, balcony
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed in the Comfort Suites as part of a large wedding group; in fact one of four groups in the hotel that weekend as we attended the Wedding nearby.

It wasn't that easy to find as it's located a short distance off the main highway but we found it after a search. Check-in was interesting; the receptionist on duty was rather casual and, when I commented that I would not want to pay $1.99 (for the safe deposit box in the room insurance) asked why I was quibbling about $1.99 on a $150 dollar room. He refused to be convinced that I had not experienced this anywhere else in extensive travelling throughout the world over many years!

The room was functional. We had a microwave, coffee machine, refrigerator and ironing board and iron all of which were useful. We had been allocated a "disabled" room so had more space in the bathroom. There was a small balcony with chairs and a table. The desk chair had seen better days and there was only a single easy chair and similarly a single bedside table - a sure sign that they mainly cater for the single business traveller.

The bed was very comfortable but the pillows were exceptionally soft. We were slightly surprised that standard bedding was provided as so many hotel chains now use duvets.

The air conditioning worked hard but was not wholly effective and, being inside the room, was quite noisy. The Manager provided a "courtesy bus" to take us to and from the Wedding - a nice touch.

We did not sample the complimentary breakfast although many in our group did. We didn't find time to use the indoor pool or small fitness room - both useful amenities.

One of the drinks machines was partly out of order throughout our stay (it only accepted quarters) and I thought the food and bar options were quite limited.

There were some dust and cobweb traps in our room around the air conditioning unit and bedside table in particular. Neither telephone in our room worked fully but reception was quick and helpful in connecting us. There's ample parking and the business centre was useful as we confirmed our flights and checked-in on-line. wi-fi in the room ws a little slow however.

We had plenty of good quality towels and the bed linen was spotless and "comfortable". We were with friends so that helped our enjoyment but it's not likely to become a favourite place to stay.

Room Tip: We were allocated a room away from the entrance which is quieter. Also look at 112, 212 etc as thes...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Laura F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
I apologize for experience at check in I will be sharing this review with my entire staff. I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments so that we can improve on the areas that you pointed out that need improvement. I do hope that you would give us another chance if you are in the area. Please contact me Laura directly.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

The hotel was clean and simple. very quiet decent breakfast and a great choice if you need to stop over in Leesburg. Many of my friend who stayed during similar trip to Leesburg in other hotels were grossed out and they wished they had stayed here. This is one that is spot on correct to trip advisor reviews.

Room Tip: Often they say they are sold out on other websites - call the hotel directly to see
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We are glad we were able to serve you we hope we will see you and hopefully your friends in the future.
alexandria, VA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Enjoyed the visit, rooms are large and very resonalbly priced; staff are friendly and the breakfast is more than adequate.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Marlton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We have stayed at the Comfort Suites every time we visited Leesburg over the past several years. The suites are spacious, comfortable, modern and clean. The staff were friendly and responsive. The bedding is extremely comfortable, like sleeping on a cloud. Rooms are equipped with a refrigerator, iron, ironing board, hairdryer, coffee pot, flatt screen TV, alarm clock and safe.This hotel will never be confused with the Ritz Carlton, but for the money, it is hard to beat. Breakfast in the lobby is adequate and includes a variety of cereals, fruit, yogurt, freshly made waffles (which the kids would love), an egg dish and breakfast meat, bagels, breads, pastries, coffee and juice. They also have a small indoor pool and workout room. There is also a biking/hiking path along a canal not far from the back of the hotel. I definitely would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Laura F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
I would like to say Thank You for your continued patronage. I would also like to say Thank You for taking write a review for our hotel. Our family at Comfort Suites takes pride on our hotel and service. Thank you again.

Been to Comfort Suites Leesburg? Share your experiences!