“Surprisingly comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
New York City, New York
“Surprisingly comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012 via mobile

I avoid chains wherever possible, but that's not easy in this town. No matter...this is a surprisingly comfortable hotel with many amenities and a few drawbacks. Nice rooms. Large bathrooms with marble counters. Flat screen tv in room, coffee maker, fridge, safe, comfy beds and very clean. Pool, terrific fitness room. And a room rate just over 100 a night. The drawbacks? Front desk staff needs some basic hospitality training. Coffee makers in room need more than one coffee insert. The comp breakfast could be upgraded slightly...it's pretty dull. Don't charge guests for their room safes, that's crazy.
Otherwise, this place is definitely worth your time...I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights on thanksgiving weekend. Although, I was really upset that I had to make this business trip over thanksgiving weekend, I was really happy with the hospitality that I received from Comfort Suites Leesburg. Upon checking-in I was welcomed with informative, friendly and helpful staffs. Upon entering the room, I was amazed by how roomy and spotlessly clean & comfortable the room was. The rooms were very well appointed and gave me a really good feeling being in them. I usually stay in Homewood Suites when I can, so if you know the standards at Homewood, then you would be surprised that this hotel's rooms were a full star nicer. I also notice that this hotel has brand new 37” HD Television, most hotels that I stay at has only 32” TV or lower. I also enjoyed more HD Channels then any other hotels. I did have one issue the night that I checked-in, which was quickly and promptly address by the hotel staff. There was a wedding group staying at the hotel and it got loud when they all came back to the hotel from wedding. I complained to the front desk and they quickly and promptly addressed this issue. I know this kind of thing happens at all the hotels and there is nothing that hotel staff can do to avoid this, but only few hotels can get everything under control quickly and promptly and this was one of them. I would recommend this hotel to anyone for business, leisure or any other occasions. Keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Laura F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
We are extremely pleased that the business trip you were not looking forward to was brightened by your stay at Comfort Suites Leesburg. I am glad we were able to handle the one issue you had in a manner that met your expectations. We are very focused on our guests’ satisfaction. We hope you will stay with again if you are in the Leesburg area in the future.
Sterling, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Stayed here last friday. live locally and was having work done to my house and thought with all the great reviews it would be a nice place to stay. Let me tell you. Worst hotel experience of my life. Woke up by loud drunks outside my room around 12:00 midnight. Restrained myself from going out in the hall. Woke up again at 2:30 in the morning by loud Drunks cursing. Went out to front desk and found desk clerk and asked what was going on. She replied it was a loud wedding party staying there and that she had called Leesburg Police 2 times to make it stop. Just when I was about to go back to my room, elevator opens and group of Drunks get off to smoke cigarrettes outside lobby. I confronted them and was wearing my Sheriff's ID and badge as wel;l as firearm. They got the message and left but not without some stupid parting comments. Where I work these idiots would have been arrested and charged with drunk in public and profane swearing. Complained the next day when checking out. The hotel GM called and apologized and said he would comp the room since I did not get any sleep. The Desk clerk had me sign off saying the printer was not working and she would email me a reciept. As of writing this I have still been charged full price of the room. Will end up probably having credit card company remove the charge from my bill. This
place is a joke when it comes to safety, security and satisfaction of their customers. Think twice befor booking a stay here because they book drunken weddings here all the time.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Laura F, Manager at Comfort Suites Leesburg, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
We are very concerned and sorry that other guests prevented you from having an enjoyable stay at our property. Our guests’ safety, security and satisfaction are very important to us that is why the police department was called to take control of the situation. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with how the police department handled the situation. We do have wedding guests stay at our hotel and this is not a common occurrence unfortunately these guests did not conduct themselves as they should have and I am truly sorry for their behavior. As to the charge for the room there was an adjustment made it is quite possible that the full authorization was still being held on your card adjustments can take up to 5 business days to process at some financial institutions.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I have a client that has an office in the Leesburg area so I am there every couple of months - when I am in town, I always stay at this hotel.

It is priced right. The rooms are spacious. The customer service is receive from Bob and his team is excellent each time I am there.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Easy to find. Welcoming reception and informative, friendly and helpful staff. Rooms have plenty of space,very comfortable and clean. Breakfast has a good range of choices and has friendly staff to keep supplies up. Indoor swimming pool is a bonus. There is a good coffee shop, bank and a good pizza take away within 50 yards. Would recommend the place to anyone.

Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

We booked Comfort Suites for our wedding at the Hillsborough winery. Everything about the hotel was fantastic. The rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was friendly and helpful and clearly experienced at dealing with large wedding parties politely and efficiently. The shuttle service was convenient and none of the guests had to wait long for a pickup.

The staff was very impressive. They all had big smiles on their faces and were constantly asking if folks in the lobby needed directions and even brought out fresh baked cookies! The manager was extremely attentive and helpful as well. I forgot to print off letters to the guests to put in their gift boxes and they helped me print and make copies. Saved me a trip to Kinkos the day before the wedding!

Charity, who was the group events contact at the hotel, was fantastic. She always returned phone calls, she anticipated questions and concerns, and she got every detail right. Despite having multiple weddings in the same weekend, she remembered names and details, orchestrated the shuttle schedule, and even ended up driving us to the rehearsal dinner in the shuttle! Would highly recommend this hotel for other weddings. Just make sure to book VERY early because during wedding season the hotel books up very quickly.

The whirlpool suite is huge and spacious (enough room for the whole bridal party to get ready in one place!) and the sweetheart package they delivered on the wedding night was thoughtful and very special.

Room Tip: Whirlpool suites are worth the extra money!
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I stayed for a weekend trip with my 12 year old daughter. The room was nice and clean which is #1 priority for us. The desk staff could have been a little nicer. Not rude but just personable. We had to get a separate key card for the pool which I thought was weird. That's the first time I've ever encountered that and we stayed at the Comfort Suites in Williamsburg and it wasn't like that. Cookies and check in and popcorn in the evenings was a nice touch, especially for my 12 year old. Breakfast was good, sausage gravy and biscuits and scrambled eggs were served the morning we were there and also 2 waffle irons if you wanted waffles. An assortment of cereal, muffins, bagels etc were also offered. Very nice!
We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Leesburg? Share your experiences!