“First Meal Was A Let Down” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 171 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Handmade Contemporary American Italian Cuisine. Fresh chicken, seafood, pasta, pizza, steaks, veal and desserts. Full service catering, private dining. Extensive wine list and gluten free menu. Open for lunch and dinner.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“First Meal Was A Let Down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

So, I've been working in PA since April and trying all the local restaurants. Last Sunday I tried an Italian restaurant and was disappointed. So, as usual, when I get to VA, I always want to go to a restaurant. This weekend it was Travinia to get the Sausage and Peppers Rustica. It's Italian sausage, roasted peppers, onions, oregano and basil tossed with rigatoni in a spicy marinara sauce. I didn't want to waste my calories on the bread, so I waited for the entrée. The sauce was great. Most of the sausage was burnt! What a disappointment. No one asked about my meal. During a general conversation with someone who has worked at the restaurant for a long time, I brought up the burnt sausage. He immediately sent the Manager over who apologized and offered a new meal. I accepted the order to go and checked it before I left. I have been taking a lot of food to go and am grateful that I ate in. The new meal was delicious and as I remember. And while good, the entrée is overpriced. The good news for me is that I made two meals out of it.

I sat alone at the bar and it was pleasant and not crowded for a Friday evening. The outdoor seating area was full and the atmosphere was nice. The bartenders were very attentive in regards to my drink order. Evidently I got one beer at happy hour price and not the second one. It would have been nice to have had a heads up. Either way both prices were high.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

NC
“Wonderfull Italian meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The four of us each had a deferent entree and we enjoyed them all. The classic dishes were exceptional. The traditional dishes were also great. There were plenty of choices and the portions were large. The bread and olive oil were very good, especially with the appetizer dish. There was a nice selection of wines at a fair price. The service was excellent and attentive. We also enjoyed the jazz group and the atmosphere.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lansdowne, Virginia
“Monthly visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I visit Travinia monthly and always leave satisfied. Great atmosphere, super food service in a great location.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nachos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great pour on drinks at the bar and love the nachos. My son loves the pizzas and we have never had a bad meal. The private room looks very nice too.

Visited March 2014
Ashburn, Virginia
“Loved the food and ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Party of 6 ended up here around 2p. We had the whole place to ourselves. A gem of a place.
Food was great. The freshly baked bread was good.
Will visit again for sure.

Visited June 2014