“Hoppin'!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 169 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Handmade Contemporary American Italian Cuisine. Fresh chicken, seafood, pasta, pizza, steaks, veal and desserts. Full service catering, private dining. Extensive wine list and gluten free menu. Open for lunch and dinner.
Ravenna
“Hoppin'!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just popped in to have a look on Saturday night and the place was full. Ate at the bar, which was great with an outside patio off the backside. Had a pizza, which was very good. As I have lived in Italy for 13 years I have eaten my share of great pizzas!! Bar and wait staff were excellent. Interesting list of wines and the bar staff was quite well versed in suggesting what to drink based on personal tastes. Will definitely go back next time I am in Leesburg!! Grazie per un belissima serata!! A presto!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

64% Recommend
Aurora, Colorado
“After reviews I read, very pleasantly surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

After all the rather poor reviews I'd read on Tripadvisor I was not sure what to expect from our visit to Travinia. As mentioned in some previous reviews, this place is located in an area similar to the Reston town center, just much smaller. There are lots of other restaurants in the area, shops, outside seating in many areas - very nice atmosphere. There is some parking on the street, which was full, but also a parking garage right behind the restaurant so that is not an issue.

We ate there on a Saturday evening in a party of 12 for a company get together. Our reservations were for 6:00 pm and we arrived right on time to find 4 folks already there and seated, with drinks. It took 10 minutes or so for the rest of our party to arrive but waiters were prompt in taking drink orders as folks arrived.

We ordered calamari and italian nachos for appetizers. I thought both were very good and they arrived quickly after we placed our order. After we placed our dinner orders it did take awhile before the food came out from the kitchen, but everyone was visiting, salads came out quickly, and drinks were kept filled so that was fine. The food came out hot and everyone was served at the same time.

I had the surf and turf (filet mignon and crab cake) and it was excellent. The steak was cooked medium, as requested, was very tender and great flavor. The crabcake was very good as well. My wife had the wild Alaskan salmon special and it too was excellent. While she had asked for mashed potatos instead of risotto, her dish came out with rissoto. She just pointed it out to the waiter and he came right back with a side dish of mashed potato. Prices are not cheap (the surf and turf was $34 and the salmon $28) but the food was very good. My wife and I split the chocolate cake for dessert - a large portion and very good.

Maybe we just got the restaurant on a good night, but I had no complaints. Our party was there for 3.5 hours and we were not rushed to get out, the wait staff was attentive the entire time, and the meals were all very good. The ambience was very nice and it was not so loud so we couldn't visit easily at the table. We didn't use the outside dining but it would have been a very nice night to try that out. Despite the other lackluster reviews our experience here was very positive all around - nice location, good food quality, fine service and pleasant ambiance.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northport, Alabama
“Food is great quality but has flaws and very poor service so don't waste your time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

This was my second experience with this restaurant. The first time about 8 months ago we had a family gathering and ordered 4 pizzas. We were disappointed the pizzas, which only come in one size & aren't cheap, are about size of personal pan pizzas so my sister had to stop at Wegman's & buy more food.
Tonight, we arrived after 6 and waited about 45 minutes to get in, which would have been OK if service was good once we were seated, but it was horrible!! There were only 4 of us & I ordered a glass of wine which took 20 minutes to get it. The refill took about 15 minutes. It took about 45 minutes to get our first course after a long wait to even get it ordered and another 45 minutes for the second course. My sister & I had pasta dishes and both were dry & lukewarm.
My sister told me of a recent experience where she was there with her husband & was seated at a 4-top. They saw his golfing partner & wife close by & asked their waitress if either couple could move to their table so they could be together & the waitress flatly told them NO even though they told her they would remain in her section so she'd receive their bill/ tip. Additionally, my sister was given someone else's bill so she paid a lot more than due. This other couple used to eat regularly here, but now they won't after this experience.
Obviously, this restaurant has problems in all facets of operation: front of house, wait staff & kitchen.
Needless to say I will not be returning, but neither will my sisters. It's too bad because they have a nice wine list & really interesting menu!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“Beautiful Interior, Fun Bar Scene, Heavy Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have been here several times for both lunch and dinner -- while we enjoy the atmosphere and getting drinks / appetizers at the bar a meal beyond that routinely disappoints. The service is painfully slow, albeit polite with impeccable, beautifully groomed servers. For an italian restaurant there are very few "fresh" Pasta or House Favorite choices on the Menu since most dishes are laden in butter, creams, cheese and/or meat. Heavy meals. Makes it difficult for our one no-dairy/no-meat eater, who is resigned to the salad section of the menu when we go here. It would be nice if the chain would expand it's fare to include healthy additions such as pasta primavera? or Aglio Et Olio? Risotto dishes beyond the side menu? That said, aside from the extensive wine selection and all the fabulous, energetic people at the bar on weekends -- we now skip the dining room.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“Prepare to be ignored”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I would like to say that i did not favor the food, but I never had the chance. We tried this restaurant twice in the same night. The first was before a movie, It was a Friday night, and extremely crowded. We took an open seat in the bar area, and granted it was busy, it did not explain the fact that no waitperson ever came by once, even after walking by us 4-5 times. So after 20 minutes of being ignored, we left and ate dinner at the movie theater. On the way home we were walking by the restaurant, and it was nearly empty. We saw 2 couples we know in there who waved us in. We sat down and talked, and we could see about 10-15 servers in the kitchen area talking, joking and prepping for the next day. Also, several severs sweeping up and cleaning. But we were at least 1 hour to close, and the other couples told us they had ordered 4 drinks and 2 appetizers. They had the 2 wines, but that was it. The men's drinks and appetizers were nowhere to be dound. We grabbed a couple passing watistaff and asked about the food and drinks, and the apologizes, then went away never to return. We left shortly thereafter. Will never go back there again!

• Visited February 2013