“Good burger!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Yuma, Arizona
“Good burger!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My favorite burger: sautéed mushrooms and onions. They make a delicious one. I've also had their crab cake sliders which are served with a Remoulade sauce. Another big plus is the staff. They have a way of making everyone feel special.

Visited April 2013

Arlington, Virginia
“Come Thirsty, NOT Hungry”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great bar atmosphere with a good mix of both younger and older crowd, clean, friendly service and relaxing environment -- but WAIT! The food is beyond gross ... so don't go or get hungry! I've visited several times thinking maybe it was a bad kitchen day, nope, just bad all around. Even basic fare is terrible -- we are talking gross slimy burgers, greasy, limp fries and just take that calamari starter off the menu ... battered rubber bands taste better than that! The location, the decor, the friendly staff and the fantastic bar COULD make this place a great hang-out if they'd just fix the kitchen.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Indiana, Pennsylvania
“This place has it all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I have family in Virginia and I visit a few times a year. When I am in town, eating food and having a few drinks is always on the "to do" list. We make it a point to stop at Velocity Five and we are never disappointed. The only thing I think this place needs is a location in Pennsylvania!
I will see you guys again in a few months!
Adam

Visited July 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
“Bartender attire not appropriate”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

My family went to Velocity Five during a recent Capitals game. We thought it would be a fun place to watch the game as a family and get some wings etc. Most of the staff was dressed appropriately in festive attire for the game. Caps shirts and such. Some were dressed in shorts others pants. There were a few questionable wardrobe choices however.

There was one female bartender in particular though who made me and my family very uncomfortable with her sleazy and suggestive attire. Very tight black yoga pants; a red almost not there tank top cut up on the sides so you could see much of her skin. Very low cut in the front with a push up bra....yuck! It might have been OK if she had stayed behind the bar but she was also serving tables near the bar and frequently walking back and forth to the kitchen area. She seemed to be looking for attention. My son was embarrassed when she stopped by our table to say "Hi" and winked at him. He didn't know where to look. Her attire may be appropriate in some places that I would not take children.but not in a family restaurant in the burbs. We decided not to stay to watch the entire game. We had a drink and an appetizer and then left to watch the rest of the game at the nearby Green Turtle.

There were no drink or food specials during the Capitals game. Everything was a bit overpriced. I have been there for happy hour with friends before...appetizers during happy hour are well priced and so are drinks.

I would suggest that the management at Velocity Five consider a dress code and/or uniforms. I really don't like seeing someones armpits when they are serving food and beverage. Tank tops are rarely appropriate when serving food. Neither is sleazy attire.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Really want to like this place but food needs improvement”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I love the interior of this restaurant with all the TV's and personal TV's in the booths. Great place for kids but the food is so bad. We tried them on opening night and a few times since but the food never improved. Wings came out cold, burgers are tasteless, etc. Seems like many people quit since they have very few servers nowadays.

Visited January 2012