“This place has it all!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Indiana, Pennsylvania
“This place has it all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I have family in Virginia and I visit a few times a year. When I am in town, eating food and having a few drinks is always on the "to do" list. We make it a point to stop at Velocity Five and we are never disappointed. The only thing I think this place needs is a location in Pennsylvania!
I will see you guys again in a few months!
Adam

Visited July 2012

Leesburg, Virginia
“Bartender attire not appropriate”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

My family went to Velocity Five during a recent Capitals game. We thought it would be a fun place to watch the game as a family and get some wings etc. Most of the staff was dressed appropriately in festive attire for the game. Caps shirts and such. Some were dressed in shorts others pants. There were a few questionable wardrobe choices however.

There was one female bartender in particular though who made me and my family very uncomfortable with her sleazy and suggestive attire. Very tight black yoga pants; a red almost not there tank top cut up on the sides so you could see much of her skin. Very low cut in the front with a push up bra....yuck! It might have been OK if she had stayed behind the bar but she was also serving tables near the bar and frequently walking back and forth to the kitchen area. She seemed to be looking for attention. My son was embarrassed when she stopped by our table to say "Hi" and winked at him. He didn't know where to look. Her attire may be appropriate in some places that I would not take children.but not in a family restaurant in the burbs. We decided not to stay to watch the entire game. We had a drink and an appetizer and then left to watch the rest of the game at the nearby Green Turtle.

There were no drink or food specials during the Capitals game. Everything was a bit overpriced. I have been there for happy hour with friends before...appetizers during happy hour are well priced and so are drinks.

I would suggest that the management at Velocity Five consider a dress code and/or uniforms. I really don't like seeing someones armpits when they are serving food and beverage. Tank tops are rarely appropriate when serving food. Neither is sleazy attire.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Really want to like this place but food needs improvement”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I love the interior of this restaurant with all the TV's and personal TV's in the booths. Great place for kids but the food is so bad. We tried them on opening night and a few times since but the food never improved. Wings came out cold, burgers are tasteless, etc. Seems like many people quit since they have very few servers nowadays.

Visited January 2012
Nashville, TN
“Refined sports bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I happened on this bar while I was on a business trip. This was a great spot for us to watch the game. Lots of TV's in great locations through out the bar. Really great selection of beers. That was my favorite part. Great service, and I really enjoyed the atmosphere of this place. I will be coming back the next time I am in town for business, even if there isn't a game on.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“One step above self-serve.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011 via mobile

This is not a must go to resturant. Once seated at our table, a server asked us for our drink order, that was the last we saw of him. After a long wait we flagged down another server to place our meal order, which came out wrong. No other server ever came by the entire time we were there, then we had to flag down another server to even get our check. The manager was more interested in getting the umbrellas set up on the tables outside than over seeing the operation. If you need to watch sports on tv then go, if you want a burger, stop by McD's and save your money.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

If you own or manage Velocity Five Sports Restaurant & Bar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.