“Paris re-visit” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Frederick, Maryland
“Paris re-visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

My husband and I had lunch today and La Lou Bistro and it was a treat from start to finish. Just a tiny little spot on Market Street in Leesburg, but it gave us the feeling of a little Paris cafe. The food was all excellent and the presentation pleasing. For an appetizer we had the artichoke, crab dip. My husband had the Moroccan Seafood Rolls and I had the Tri-color salad. We shared a Grand Mariner Bread Pudding and I had a Latte. While we were there it started to rain, and it reminded us of a sudden shower while we were exploring Paris, and we ducked in to a little cafe until the rain stopped. The owner of La Lou Bistro, Mohammad, was very attentive and encouraged us to post reviews. He personally went over all the specials of the day and checked a few minutes after each course to make sure we were satisfied. We felt like we had a mini vacation back to Paris (the decor has Parisian prints/scenes)

• Visited September 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“En Garde, La Pesche!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

The best way to enjoy this place is to pair it with an event at the Tally-Ho, get high before you arrive, then order the most bizarre items on the menu. The ratatouille tasted like CDs of the movie doused in weak broth and served lukewarm. The pork schnitzel was so laughable it could cause the Germans to invade Leesburg to defend their honor. Best thing about the place was the availability of Cerveza Alhambra from Spain, a nice beer that reminded me of my year spent roaming Spain. The menu is too heavily slanted towards seafood which is a bad choice if the establishment is weak in the kitchen. How this place is #1 in Leesburg in TA ratings is truly a wonder.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Olney, Maryland
“A lovely dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

My husband and I ate a fantastic dinner here and the owner was attentive and amusing.. at least I found him so. He explained in detail all of the specials, as he held up the small chalkboard displaying the entrees. We settled in at a table intended for four, which allowed us to sit side-by-side, near the door. The free appetizer was pita triangles served with tapenade, which was delicious. I ordered gazpacho (and NO, it was not too spicy) which was just right and fresh. My husband's appetizer was stuffed mushroom caps which were good, and maybe a bit salty. I ordered mushroom ravioli with vodka sauce, and it was amazing.... not too plain, not too salty, not too spicy.. just right! I also had a lemonade which was made fresh; I did misunderstand the waiter, when I thought he said 'are you done with the lemonade?' he really said, "do you want another lemonade?"... so I drank part of a second one. The second one tasted more like a mix, than fresh-made. We enjoyed ourselves, loved the classic 50s romance music (Sinatra, Piaf, Rosemary Clooney...), and the European ambiance.

Ashburn, Virginia
“Worst meal ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Had reservations for Saturday night. Service was not great but the food was worse. I ordered the Beef Tenderloin Tanune at the waiters suggestion. Cook in a tangine and have had this type of food in many places. This was all very dry. Little rice on bottom. Undercooked broccoli and green beans very dry beef and a couple of carrot pieces. $36.00. My husband ordered the Lobster Ravioli. Very expensive dish and no flavor except very salty. I had Gaspacho which would have been good but it was very spicy. My husbands pear salad was good.
Bread dishes were never cleared though bread and Tapenade was gone. Asked twice for water. Tried to hurry us up though we had spent close to $200.00 with a bottle of wine. Poor service, entrees nearly unedible. Not a great night. Never again! Oh ordered Cappucino. Took over 20 minutes and had to ask what happened to it.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Lovettsville
“A great dinning experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I brought my wife to La Lou Bistro on a "date night" and we both really enjoyed the food and the service. We shared a bowl of the Vichyssoise soup. My wife had the Tri-color salad and the Bouillabaisse and I had the Mussels and Sea Food Paella. All of the dishes were excellent. The service was fantastic as well. The owner, Mohamed, came to our table several times to make sure we liked our food and we were getting good service. We will definitely go to La Lou Bistro again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere