“If you like Miami/Spanish flavors you will love La Lou Bistro” 5 of 5 stars

La Lou Bistro
19 W Market St, Leesburg, VA 20176
Website
Improve this listing
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Hamilton, Virginia, United States
“If you like Miami/Spanish flavors you will love La Lou Bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I've had several meals at La Lou Bistro and every time it is an adventure in eating well. Flavors or Spain and perhaps Miami blend to transport me to those wonderful places. Go and you will be in love with the meals and perfect wines to match the menu. Family owned and run. Ask questions about the menu and listen as the chef tells you why this will be a beautiful experience for your palate. On a cold night ask to be next to the cozy fireplace. Brilliant, satisfying dining experience.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

Leesburg, Virginia
“Great Brunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I really like this place. The owners are always there and the paella is awesome! I also love the service there and it always smells so great in there.

Visited March 2012
Virginia
“Disappointing Second Visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Our food and service was fabulous on our first visit. I loved it so much I brought a friend to the restaurant as repayment for a favor. It was the regular chef's night out and yet the $34.00 dish of paella was still listed as the house special. Big mistake. It was so over-cooked. The rice was mushy and the fish was tough. When I told our waiter that the dish was over-done he just shrugged and said that it was his dad's night off (his dad is the chef). He made no attempt to compensate me. I know that my friend won't return and I will only go back when the "real" chef is in the kitchen.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank VirginiaBluebird
“Fantastic dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Had our first dinner here last evening, based in large part on the TA ratings. What a great place! Our waiter (whom I'm certain is also an owner) was charming, and very obviously is quite proud of his restaurant. We stuck with the specials board, since he was so enthusiastic in promoting them. Moroccan wedding soup to start, delicious. Seafood spring rolls as an appetizer, wonderful. Dinner was the Moroccan steak for me (very fresh ingredients, delightfully seasoned) and tuna kabob for my wife. Both dishes were incredibly tasty, with generous portions. For dessert we just let him bring what he thought would be good, and he did well with slices of cake and espresso coffee. Interesting and unique menu, fun decor, and charming waitstaff. Non inexpensive, but good things usually aren't.

Charlotte, NC
“Highly recommended boutique restaurant in Downtown Leesburg, VA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Had dinner at La Lou while on a business trip. I was extremely impressed by the wait staff. They were friendly and they knew the menu inside out. The food was very tasty. You can tell that they use fresh ingredients. It was the perfect blend of Mediterranean and American. The prices were very reasonable and the atmosphere was great. I would definitely eat there again when I am in Leesburg.

• Visited August 2012