“Cozy, Charming, Delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
herndon, virginia
“Cozy, Charming, Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

From start to finish every point was very nice. Excellent service, intimate atmosphere, good wine, and ah, the food...

Perfect for a memorable meal with a close friend; to get lost and forget about life for awhile.

92% Recommend
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Ho-hum for La Lou”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This was my first visit to La Lou, although it had been on my "Places to Eat" list for quite a while. I joined a friend for lunch and sampled a salad, which was good, but not outstanding for the price. The service was underwhelming. When I first arrived, I was unsure as to whether I should wait by the door to be seated, or go to the counter and ask. (I had made reservations ahead of time.) I ended up standing awkwardly for several moments, ignored by the staff. (And there were only 2 other groups dining!)

Then, after I was seated, and my friend arrived, the waiter came to go through our lunch options. And he never made eye contact with me. Not even once. It was bizarre.

While the decor is cute and the food decent, I'm not inclined to return, despite its convenient downtown location.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Paris, PA
“Nice Decor, but Creepy Waiter/Owner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We visited the La Lou Bistro this past week. The food was okay, but do not feel worth the price. Clean. Nice Decor. We had been looking at the menu outside when a staff member came out trying to usher us in. While we appreciate his dedication to improving his business, it was somewhat odd. Then once inside he went over the menu with us again odd (actually the best word used to describe it would be creepy). Service was prompt.I would not return.

Visited May 2012
Hamilton, Virginia
“Another great meal with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Stopped in here on a Saturday evening after visiting a local winery. The food impresses me every time. The Tuna Kabob was delicious as were all of the other items that were presented to our table. Would definitely return - still pricey, but worth it for a special night.

• Visited May 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
“Great Find??”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

My wife and I just sampled La Lou Bistro. What a treat. We started with a tri colored salad, wonderfully fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and greens which was seasoned perfectly. Our entries were seafood paella and tilapia topped with crab meat. First off the serving were all huge. Secondly, everything was so fresh. Thirdly, everything was prpeared perfectly.The paella had plenty of shrimp, prawn, scallops, mussels and clams over a a very moist rice. The tilapia was simply delicious. A bit on the expensive side but the quality (especially) and size of the portions makes up for the price making it a good value.

• Visited April 2012