“Another great meal with friends” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Hamilton, Virginia
“Another great meal with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Stopped in here on a Saturday evening after visiting a local winery. The food impresses me every time. The Tuna Kabob was delicious as were all of the other items that were presented to our table. Would definitely return - still pricey, but worth it for a special night.

• Visited May 2012

91% Recommend
Leesburg, Virginia
“Great Find??”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

My wife and I just sampled La Lou Bistro. What a treat. We started with a tri colored salad, wonderfully fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and greens which was seasoned perfectly. Our entries were seafood paella and tilapia topped with crab meat. First off the serving were all huge. Secondly, everything was so fresh. Thirdly, everything was prpeared perfectly.The paella had plenty of shrimp, prawn, scallops, mussels and clams over a a very moist rice. The tilapia was simply delicious. A bit on the expensive side but the quality (especially) and size of the portions makes up for the price making it a good value.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent food and delightful owners.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012 via mobile

A local bistro with excellent food. I recommend the paella. The owners double as the wait staff and are very attentive. You will not be disappointed.

Leesburg, Virginia
“Delicious food, pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We were downtown needing lunch and wanted better than diner food, so we gave La Lou a try. The interior is lovely, warm and welcoming. Very nicely decorated. We didn't really check out the menu because it was hard to get past the specials. I had a chicken sandwich with an orange marmalade sauce and avocado; fabulous! My husband had Ratatouille pizza, which was also delicious. The owner is very attentive, possibly overly so, as hinted at in other posts, but we didn't mind.

The only problem we had was with our kids. There was no kids menu, he just told us to "order anything". My son asked for cheese pizza and my daughter for pasta with butter. They were both delicious, but the cheese pizza was full sized, and was $12. Hers was $10 (for a bowl of pasta with butter!!!). Our total lunch bill was over $60, which was more than we meant to spend. We should have asked about the prices of the kids' meals.

But, the food was delicious, the portions were generous, and the staff was friendly. We will definitely go back, but this time we'll get a sitter!

• Visited April 2012
Ashburn, Virginia, United States
“I can't believe I've never been here before!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

The restaurant is a little tough to find (located right next to the "Tally Ho" theatre) and is a little small holding a max of around 30-40 people. I recommend calling ahead because I had a 5:30 reservation on a saturday evening and I'm glad I made the reservation because they were turning many people away saying they are booked most of the night. Now, on to the service. Great service and very friendly staff and we had 3 staff members (owner, chef, and waitress) constantly checking up. All of the food is visually pleasing and extremely delicious. A little pricey, but it is well worth it. I tried a sample of my family's meals and desserts and they were all either the best i've had or close to it. I recommend the specials and the soups. You won't be disappointed eating out at La Lou Bistro.

• Visited March 2012