“Not too impressed” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cajun Experience, Leesburg Va is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 175 Restaurants in Leesburg
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: www.cajunexperience.biz
“Not too impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This place has some pros and cons. The pros are that the food is pretty good. The cons are the prices and the atmosphere. I like the old house it's in, but more attention needs to be put into the cleaning. So to sum up, the price was too high for the decent food and the not-so-decent atmosphere. I do not think we will be returning. There are too many other wonderful restaurants in Leesburg.

“A little piece of Naw'lens in Leesburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Rather than trying to overwhelm with an extensive menu, they keep it pared down to a few items, and they do them well! My only complaint is they were still working on their liquor license - so no bourbon yet. We will continue to return!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Frederick
“Heavenly Bread!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We dined outdoors on a sunny fall day, enjoying an oyster po'boy and a dish whose name I cannot spell - shrimp, rice, corn. Everything was good but the BREAD was out of this world! Attentive server.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Herndon
“Great food, service and athmosphere, and dog friendly, too!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I discovered this restaurant while walking around Leesburg. I was looking for a dog friendly restaurant and was heading toward Lightfoot Restaurant. The word "Cajun" stood out, and I checked out the menu displayed by the front door, and the food sounded delicious. I love cajun food ever since I had a taste of it in Louisiana.

There were so many yummy options on the menu, and I love that it has combo menus (i.e. 2-3 items in an order). I went with the Crawfish Etouffee and Fried Crawfish Tails. (see picture). They were delicious. The fried crawfish tails were a little plain since there were no dipping sauce. I mixed them into the crawfish etouffee, and they were a great combo in taste and crunchiness. The menu prices are a little high for lunch. The Crawfish Half and Half was what I got, and it was $20 for lunch. (see picture for a menu items and prices). Not sure if it is the same menu for dinner.

The service was excellent. The wait staff was so friendly. When I sat down, the waiter got my little dog a bowl of fresh water. That was so nice. Many restaurants don't do that, and it's nice that he did. The waiters and waitresses were all so friendly and helpful. They made my dining experience so much nicer.

The patio has a nice setup. It's spacious, and has a TV for football nights. I am looking forward to going back and try other dishes, and hopefully, I'll be able to safe some room for dessert - the Banana Foster sounds yummy.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Arlington, VA
“Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We were walking by, saw this little place. At first we were a little nervous, but, ultimately we were pleasantly surprised. We started with the Cafe DuMonde Beignets (not quite as good as the NOLA version but almost). The Cajun Bloody Mary was great. We had the red beans, rice and sausage cup, the shrimp and eggs Benedict and the fried oysters Benedict. Everything was delicious. Looks like they may have live music some nights.

Visited September 2013