“Great food, service and athmosphere, and dog friendly, too!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cajun Experience, Leesburg Va is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 170 Restaurants in Leesburg
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: www.cajunexperience.biz
Herndon
“Great food, service and athmosphere, and dog friendly, too!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I discovered this restaurant while walking around Leesburg. I was looking for a dog friendly restaurant and was heading toward Lightfoot Restaurant. The word "Cajun" stood out, and I checked out the menu displayed by the front door, and the food sounded delicious. I love cajun food ever since I had a taste of it in Louisiana.

There were so many yummy options on the menu, and I love that it has combo menus (i.e. 2-3 items in an order). I went with the Crawfish Etouffee and Fried Crawfish Tails. (see picture). They were delicious. The fried crawfish tails were a little plain since there were no dipping sauce. I mixed them into the crawfish etouffee, and they were a great combo in taste and crunchiness. The menu prices are a little high for lunch. The Crawfish Half and Half was what I got, and it was $20 for lunch. (see picture for a menu items and prices). Not sure if it is the same menu for dinner.

The service was excellent. The wait staff was so friendly. When I sat down, the waiter got my little dog a bowl of fresh water. That was so nice. Many restaurants don't do that, and it's nice that he did. The waiters and waitresses were all so friendly and helpful. They made my dining experience so much nicer.

The patio has a nice setup. It's spacious, and has a TV for football nights. I am looking forward to going back and try other dishes, and hopefully, I'll be able to safe some room for dessert - the Banana Foster sounds yummy.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Arlington, VA
“Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We were walking by, saw this little place. At first we were a little nervous, but, ultimately we were pleasantly surprised. We started with the Cafe DuMonde Beignets (not quite as good as the NOLA version but almost). The Cajun Bloody Mary was great. We had the red beans, rice and sausage cup, the shrimp and eggs Benedict and the fried oysters Benedict. Everything was delicious. Looks like they may have live music some nights.

Visited September 2013
Tacoma
“trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Cajun food was great. dining inside and out was wonderful. food was great loved red beans and rice and por boy sandwiches too.

Visited July 2013
Leesburg, Virginia
“Cajun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This a nice place to check out for a dining experience. The complete menu is based of of Louisiana style recipes. From my travels I had an oyster dish at another place and from only reviewing the menu I decided I would come to try there Char-Grilled Oysters, they were actually pretty good! My date had the Cajun Platter that had Catfish, Shrimp, Fried Oysters and Crawfish. I only had some of the Catfish but I will tell you it was excellent!!!!!

The only other highlight I can provide from my short experience is the Cajun Bloody Mary, WOW!!!! That is the best I can put it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northern Virginia
“Totally unpredictable like New Orleans”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Have eaten here several times. Food is well prepared New Orleans menu. Service is what you can get when you are lucky if there is no attitude, so don't every be in a hurry. Jambalaya and Beignets are super.

Visited July 2013