“Sunday Brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 164 restaurants in Leesburg
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: www.cajunexperience.biz
Arlington, VA
“Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We were walking by, saw this little place. At first we were a little nervous, but, ultimately we were pleasantly surprised. We started with the Cafe DuMonde Beignets (not quite as good as the NOLA version but almost). The Cajun Bloody Mary was great. We had the red beans, rice and sausage cup, the shrimp and eggs Benedict and the fried oysters Benedict. Everything was delicious. Looks like they may have live music some nights.

Visited September 2013

80% Recommend
Tacoma
“trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Cajun food was great. dining inside and out was wonderful. food was great loved red beans and rice and por boy sandwiches too.

Visited July 2013
Leesburg, Virginia
“Cajun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This a nice place to check out for a dining experience. The complete menu is based of of Louisiana style recipes. From my travels I had an oyster dish at another place and from only reviewing the menu I decided I would come to try there Char-Grilled Oysters, they were actually pretty good! My date had the Cajun Platter that had Catfish, Shrimp, Fried Oysters and Crawfish. I only had some of the Catfish but I will tell you it was excellent!!!!!

The only other highlight I can provide from my short experience is the Cajun Bloody Mary, WOW!!!! That is the best I can put it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northern Virginia
“Totally unpredictable like New Orleans”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Have eaten here several times. Food is well prepared New Orleans menu. Service is what you can get when you are lucky if there is no attitude, so don't every be in a hurry. Jambalaya and Beignets are super.

Visited July 2013
Northern Virginia, VA
“Delicious! Zydeco for your tastebuds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We had an awesome (and surprising) lunch at The Cajun Experience in old town Leesburg, VA this weekend. Every drop of Cajun blood I may have wanted to do a little Fais do-do dance as we tried a little crawfish etouffee, the shrimp maque choux, and the jambalaya. The fried oysters were perfect - traditional Cajun prep but with delicious fresh Virginia sweet bluepoint oysters. My better half's lunch came with two beignets and we can easily say these beignets were the second best we've ever had --- only behind Café du Monde in New Orleans.

The food was well-prepared and our server Andrew was personable and friendly. As other reviewers have noted, the restaurant is in an old house which just adds to the character. We had so much food that we ended up taking half of it home and the leftovers were delicious too!

We'll definitely be back.

• Visited July 2013