“Can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cajun Experience, Leesburg Va is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 160 Restaurants in Leesburg
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: www.cajunexperience.biz
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

The CrawMac&Cheese, étouffée, fried catfish, fried crawfish tails, and jambalaya are delicious, written in descending order of awesomeness. Service was prompt and extremely friendly. The waitrons were expert in their suggestions of both food and wine. (I wish they wore name tags so I could compliment them by name!). The only "downer" is that the other patrons were very unfriendly -- it was downright wierd, given the close quarters and seating arrangement so very appropriate for Louisiana. Oh, well -- I guess you can't make customers get in the spirit, just sell them the food and hope they'll get it later. We will be back, and particularly plan to bring our Cajun transplant friend along. She will love it, and will get those other "NoVa" patrons communing in no time!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Providence, Rhode Island
“THE BUGS ARE COMING! LIVE CRAWFISH!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Went to their outdoor patio for a real Cajun crawdaddy boil! It was OUTSTANDING! My wife and I couldn't stop eating them--and we didn't have to--ALL YOU CAN EAT! ($40) We "pinched the tail and sucked the head" of over 12 lbs of those critters! Brian, the owner, is doing some cool things there too like an "open carry" night (Wed).
Cold beers, great food, fun place!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC
“Loved this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My sister and I stumbled on this place because we saw they had outside seating on a beautiful day. The wonderful surprise was that the food was amazing. The fried oysters were magnificently memorable and the Chef's special lunch, etoufee topped with fried catfish was incredible. We loved our helpful and engaging waitress and enjoyed our chat with the owner who was smoking some meat in the outside area as we ate our lunch. This was our first visit to Leesburg, and I know where we will be having lunch on our second trip! Next time you are in Leesburg, go here!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leesburg, Virginia
“Best Cajun in Northern Virginia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

If you want the best crawfish macaroni and cheese, this is the place! I have eaten at this restaurant three times and so far, this is my favorite entree (it is actually listed as a side dish, but is big enough for an entre with left-overs for the next day). They put plenty of crawfish, mellow cheddar cheese, and just the right kick of Cajun spices into this home-made treat. Delicious! As an appetizer, I recommend the BBQ Shrimp Ma Cherie (see menu for description). The flavors are complex and intense. My dessert of choice is the bread pudding (although you have to ask for it, vanilla ice cream is a must to go with it). Regarding the service, they treated us like somewhere between special guests and family. One night, the owner was our server. I wish I could remember the name of our server (a young woman) on our last visit. She went out of her way for us and saw to our every need. I'm looking forward to dining on the patio out back during Spring and Summer. Located in downtown Leesburg, this converted house (the second oldest house in Leesburg) lends a perfect atmosphere to enjoy your Cajun experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
“Worth the wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had Sunday brunch here on our walk to the Leesburg Garden Show. The restaurant is in an old house and very unassuming. We noticed it the day before and thought we'd try it. Their brunch menu only has about 6 Cajun inspired items plus a bottomless mimosa. Just be prepared to wait because all of the meals are cooked fresh. We had the shrimp and grits and the Cajun shrimp benedict. We also ordered begniets to go with our coffee. Everything was very good with just light hint of Cajun heat. We were both happy with our choices and would eat here again to try their lunch and dinner menus. If you enjoy Cajun food you'll enjoy dining here.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere