“How Ya'll Are?” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cajun Experience, Leesburg Va is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 169 Restaurants in Leesburg
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: www.cajunexperience.biz
Warrenton, Virginia
“How Ya'll Are?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

What fun! A REAL Cajun restaurant in historic old town Leesburg, known for gracious Virginia-style dining.
The atmosphere is a quite casual, personable (with staff), and a bit rickety in the building - alot like being in Georgetown. Parking is really good, and there's nice walking to nearby Antique shops.
The food is absolutely great, and authentic, low cost! Best not to expect a perfect, sterile bathroom, it is clean, and usable, but old. Not your new chain-food restaurant style at all.
I've only visited in Winter, the spices seeming to draw me then, but I hear that there is music and a backyard area for a true summer experience!
Servers and kitchen staff are truly genuine and friendly - you are not a stranger, and they truly want to be there with you. The few tables are close so your neighbors had better have an appropriate conversation as you will surely hear it - but this is part of the fun here!
Really, you can't go wrong here, unless you can't climb the front steps, or if you can't deal with the traditional Cajun spices. Oh, did I drool on about their Beignets? FANTASTIC - DO NOT ORDER THEM, or you will forever stuff them in your mouth.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Leesburg, Virginia
“This is a great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I wish the restaurant was nicer inside but that being said I love the muffeletta and the fried okra. my husband loves the beans and rice and the jambalya is flavorful! The service can sometimes be spotty but once the food gets there you forget about everything else. The beniets are tasty too!

Visited December 2012
Burke, Virginia
“Authentic Louisiana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We usually avoid so-called Cajun restaurants outside Louisiana because they never get the spicing or textures right - but I am glad we decided to take a chance for Sunday lunch today. The chef is from Lafayette and it shows. The menu was encouraging with its mention of the "trinity" and the little town of Melville - and the food was wonderfully authentic. The chicken sausage gumbo, made with a nice dark roux, was seasoned perfectly - with subtle heat that is only apparent after several bites. I had a very nice oyster poboy - with soft French bread and perfectly seasoned and fried oysters. My husband had the crawfish étouffée with fried fish - both excellent. Since both our choices were part of a special, we had fresh, hot beignets for dessert. Since bread pudding is my favorite dessert, we will be back to try that, along with the marque choux, which I have never seen on a menu outside Louisiana. Finally, a place to get good Louisiana food in Virginia besides my kitchen!

Leesburg, Virginia
“On our "regular" list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife and I have made Cajun Experience a regular stop on our Leesburg restaurant rotation. The food is authentic cajun food that is absolutely delicious and served in good sized portions. While the building itself and the decoration leaves a lot to be desired, we don't go to look at the walls or the silverware, we go for the Crawfish Mac & Cheese, Alligator, Gumbo and Jumbalaya, all of which are delcious.

Visited December 2012
Oak Hill, VA
“Jumping for Jambalaya”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We just had lunch at the Cajun Experience and we both thought the wine and food were perfect. The Jambalya wine by the glass was $9.... which was excellent and the entrees were also reasonably priced. I had the Jambalaya and my husband had the Sausage Gumbo with Beignets for dessert. Everything was excellent and reminded me so much of my native New Orleans. We sat outside... a beautiful Fall day and thought how lucky we were to have stumbled upon the Cajun Experience.

• Visited November 2012