“Authentic Louisiana” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cajun Experience, Leesburg Va is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 169 restaurants in Leesburg
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: www.cajunexperience.biz
Burke, Virginia
“Authentic Louisiana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We usually avoid so-called Cajun restaurants outside Louisiana because they never get the spicing or textures right - but I am glad we decided to take a chance for Sunday lunch today. The chef is from Lafayette and it shows. The menu was encouraging with its mention of the "trinity" and the little town of Melville - and the food was wonderfully authentic. The chicken sausage gumbo, made with a nice dark roux, was seasoned perfectly - with subtle heat that is only apparent after several bites. I had a very nice oyster poboy - with soft French bread and perfectly seasoned and fried oysters. My husband had the crawfish étouffée with fried fish - both excellent. Since both our choices were part of a special, we had fresh, hot beignets for dessert. Since bread pudding is my favorite dessert, we will be back to try that, along with the marque choux, which I have never seen on a menu outside Louisiana. Finally, a place to get good Louisiana food in Virginia besides my kitchen!

80% Recommend
Leesburg, Virginia
“On our "regular" list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife and I have made Cajun Experience a regular stop on our Leesburg restaurant rotation. The food is authentic cajun food that is absolutely delicious and served in good sized portions. While the building itself and the decoration leaves a lot to be desired, we don't go to look at the walls or the silverware, we go for the Crawfish Mac & Cheese, Alligator, Gumbo and Jumbalaya, all of which are delcious.

Visited December 2012
Oak Hill, VA
“Jumping for Jambalaya”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We just had lunch at the Cajun Experience and we both thought the wine and food were perfect. The Jambalya wine by the glass was $9.... which was excellent and the entrees were also reasonably priced. I had the Jambalaya and my husband had the Sausage Gumbo with Beignets for dessert. Everything was excellent and reminded me so much of my native New Orleans. We sat outside... a beautiful Fall day and thought how lucky we were to have stumbled upon the Cajun Experience.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax, Virginia
“Casual venue hides excellent fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Can't believe how fortunate we are to have chosen The Cajun Experience for lunch. Chris greeted us as we walked in, and answered our questions about how various dished were prepared. His confidence in the food was interesting until we tasted it. He had a reason to be confident! I enjoyed the Chicken and Sausage Gumbo while my husband ate every bit of the Crawfish Étouffée. We shared an order of Cafe du Monde Beignets for dessert. I highly recommend this restaurant. Overlook the casual atmosphere, choose this restaurant for the wonderfully authentic food and friendly service. Restaurant is child friendly too.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northern VA
“Average Cajun food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This place is average to me. With a place like northern virginia, that lacks good places to eat (everything in Nova seems to be a chain), you'd think this place would be a home run! The food was decent, service was ok, nothing to write rave reviews about. the beignets were the best thing we had.

• Visited February 2012