“True inspiration” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cajun Experience, Leesburg Va is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 175 Restaurants in Leesburg
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: www.cajunexperience.biz
“True inspiration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Have always received great food. Don't go if you have a time constraint as the resteraunt is slow in serving but worth the wait in freshness and authentic tast.

Visited August 2012

“Wish it were closer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

If you like Cajun, or just want to try Cajun, this is the place for you. The food is consistently very good to great. We've tried most of the items on the menu and have enjoyed them all. Serving sizes are big. The only thing I'd change is the chairs. Not sure what it is, but they're really uncomfortable.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“Great party food--bread pudding was a hit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We hosted an engagement party for our daughter and her husband-to-be with a New Orleans theme. She and I had lunch here one day to check out the food, we ate outside in the back. I have never been to New Orleans, but my daughter proclaimed it authentic when we walked up the stairs and in the front door, only to retrace our steps and walk around the building to the back. The outside area in the back is nice, trees overhead, nothing fancy. Lunch was very good with delicious beignets after we finished our lunch, so I decided to order some food for the party. Everyone gobbled up the muffalettas, which Cajun Experience cut in half and I cut in half again, they are huge sandwiches. They were a hit. Then I served the bread pudding for dessert. People came back for seconds and a couple of guests, who were born and raised in New Orleans, said it was the best bread pudding they had ever had! Nothing fancy here, don't be put off by the lack of decor, you'll enjoy the food!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Spice it up!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The Cajun Experience is my kind of place - a joint that serves up a memorable menu. But I really wish their jambalaya and other Cajun offerings were more like what you get in the south - spice it up! The ambiance is nothing to speak off, but overall a good value for the dollar.

Visited February 2012
Northern Virginia
“Don't Waste Your Time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We had meant to try this restaurant months ago, but it is just far away enough from our home that the logistics never quite seemed to work out. Then we found ourselves out in Leesburg on another matter in early evening, and thought "perfect opportunity". Our first impression on entering the eatery - I can't really call it a restaurant - was, this isn't just "down home", or "basic", this is dirty, grungy and totally unappetizing. But we still persevered. We waited fruitlessly for 8 minutes and decided to seat ourselves. Since only one other table was occupied this was not a challenge. We waited a few more minutes and I went to the kitchen door and called out. A harassed and, sorry, none too clean individual (actual job description unknown) told me somebody "would be right with you". We waited a final five minutes (and yes, I am a "time freak" and made these timings ruthlessly and accurately) and left. During that whole time nobody had seen to the one other occupied table either; I somehow doubt that they ever ate. We love N'orleans cuisine but sorry, help yourself and give this place a miss. And by the way we have now officially given up on finding quality New Orleans style cooking outside of New Orleans.

• Visited July 2012