“lots of resources” 5 of 5 stars

centerburg, ohio
14 attraction reviews
“lots of resources”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

they have so many resources and the staff is there to assist you in your research. Staff is very knowledgeable. It was never too busy so I could get personal attention.

Visited May 2013

5 attraction reviews
“A Library With Attitude”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love libraries. Books, quietness... a respite from the outside world. I visited the Balch Library to simply work on a book I'm writing. It's a beautifully-appointed library with a nice selection of reading and reference materials. There are no kids running around in the Balch library because I don't believe that it is allowed to have any shred of noisiness here.

Although the librarian manning the front desk was friendly enough, I had the odd feeling that I was less than welcomed. It's a bit of a pretentious atmosphere.

Although I find a larger, busy library a more difficult place to sit in peace and write or read, I never feel as if I'm not of the proper ilk to walk through the doors.

I appreciate the history and appointments at Balch Library, but for now I'll stick to visiting other local libraries and bookstores.

Visited October 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
23 attraction reviews
“Heritage and Art Meet Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is an amazing library setting, with artwork that depicts major historical milestones of the local area. I coordinated a group program here on geneology for one of my organizations and the staff was very welcoming and instructional. They provided handouts as well as hands on resources for researching one's "roots." I've also gone back to attend their public talks on various aspects of history. A good place to visit!

Visited February 2012
New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
“Very helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We wandered in here with just an hour to spare. I have family roots in Leesburg. The librarian located two cemeteries where my ancestors are buried and even found plot numbers for me. He also located a family will and a newspaper article. I will definitely be back and allocate more time.

Visited June 2012