“A good place to see a show” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 50 attractions in Leesburg
Type: Theaters
Attraction Details
Charles Town, West Virginia
“A good place to see a show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I went to see Zoso (Led Zeppelin cover band) on 9/14/13. I've seen this band before so I knew they put on a good show but I didn't have an idea what this venue would be like. Most of the reviews for Tally Ho seem to be from when it was a run-down movie theater. Since there isn't much info out there, I thought I'd share my experience with other would-be concert goers.
The venue listed that doors open at 8:00. I wanted to have a good spot since I had a general admission ticket so I arrived around 7:15 and was one of the first in line. By 8:00 the line stretched from Tally Ho to King Street. If there were a BIG act playing here you might want to get there earlier but 7:15 will probably ensure you a spot against the stage. There was a separate line for people who purchased VIP seating who were allowed in before general admission. The VIP seats cost $50 vs. the $15 for general admission but these customers were guaranteed a seat on a barstool at a high top round table on the balcony. I didn't have the privilege of actually getting the see the balcony VIP section but you can see there is a section on the right side that is low and closest to the stage. If you want to get there early you can probably procure one of these tables.
As you enter the venue there is a concession stand, bathrooms and an entry to an area with bar stools and high top tables with another bar. I believe these tables are "first come, first serve" but they were already occupied when I entered. These are probably ideal seats since they are elevated above the floor and right next to a bar. There are steps down to the floor area in front of the stage. There were two tables, each with four chairs on the floor off to the left side where four people in my group were able to sit. If you want a table here you will need to be one of the first people in the general admission line- they went fast.
I'm not good at eyeing measurements so I'll just say the room was as wide as two very narrow movie theaters. There was a lot of equipment off to each side which provided a fairly narrow standing area directly in front of the stage.
The first band started at 9:00 so it might be safe to assume opening acts will go on about an hour after doors open. The opening band played for an hour and it was roughly another half hour before the main act began. The sound directly in front of the stage wasn't exceptional but others in my group said the sound was much better a little farther back. From directly in front, the instruments came through good but the vocals were kind of quiet. I suppose this could be different with different bands using different sound configurations.
In all, I'm very glad I found this place. Hopefully this place can draw good acts. I would definitely be willing to see another show here.

Visited September 2013

“Amazing time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I've been part of the leesburg community since I was a kid. I enjoyed the theatre for the movies and now I can enjoy it for its performing arts. I'll admit I was hesitant at first, hate to see the movies go, but it was a great time. Congratulations to Don Devine and his family on the next big hot spot of Leesburg!

Visited June 2013
Lovettsville, Virginia
19 attraction reviews
“Classic old time theater!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I haven't been since the remodel! Before the remodel they kept it pretty clean. The staff was always very friendly, nice and helpful. The movie selections though limited were always good clean shows. The matinee deals and kids specials during the summer were unbeatable! The concession prices are affordable. For an inexpensive family night, this is a neat place to go to take in a movie. I am looking forward to checking it out again now that they have done the remodeling!

Visited June 2012
Purcellville, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
“Sad to see a hometown landmark look so awful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Excited to see how it looks now that they renovated. It's a music venue now...but cannot really see much change from the outside. Stay tuned!

ASHBURN, vA.
“Leesburg really needs a great theater and stage as it grows.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Not really dusappointed but I feel that the structure is second rate and does not reflect the opportunityt it has to become a first class venue to provide major performance presentation.

Visited November 2012