“Fun Irish/Sports Bar” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Virginia
“Fun Irish/Sports Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We just went here this past weekend to hang out and watch the Final Four games. I had never been here before, but my friend had been there many times. I found it a fun, lively Irish pub/sports bar. Our waitress was extremely friendly, and we were able to get a table right away, which was nice. The drinks were good (though not great), and while I enjoyed the chili nachos, my friend was very disappointed in them; he said they used to be so much better. We also got the cheese fries; we ate them despite the fact that they were so salty and covered in what tasted like a squeezable cheese from Giant. I wouldn't get them again. So, while it wasn't the best bar food and drinks I've ever had, I would still go back. It was a pleasant place and fun to hang out at for a few hours.

Visited April 2013

52% Recommend
Salem, Massachusetts
“Won't return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were looking for a particular game and ducked in to Spanky's to catch it on their TV on Sunday afternoon. It really felt like a dive bar (and not in a good way). Disgusting air quality, sticky floors and tables, dirty rest rooms, pub food that did not meet the need (soggy cold nachos; overcooked mozzarella sticks). The server was nice, but there's only so much you can do. Needless to say, I was unimpressed. We had a much better experience at Bunkers.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Good Pub food with smoky bar atmosphere.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

First off, the pub splits into two sections, smoking and non-smoking. However, it is pretty much a smoky atmosphere on both sides. Other than the gross air, the food was very good. I got their version of a French dip with fries. Menu is typical pub style with affordable prices. Very good food, but not the best atmosphere for healthy people.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
virginia
“Wednesday 1/20 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went here for dinner while on business. Hotel recommended Blue Ridge but I want something more casual. If you don’t like smoke do not go to the bars side as it is all smoking. I did go to the bar side and I do not smoke. The special tonight was a prime rib. I bit for $12.95 how bad could it be. Well it was cooked to perfection. Came with sugar snaps, bread, horseradish and au jus. The prime rib would melt in your mouth like Ice cream. It was better than I have had at Ruth Chris Steakhouses. I would go back again. My server was excellent I never needed for anything as he was on top of his game. Step outside the box and give this place a try. Don’t go in expecting a million dollar décor but a good bang for your buck.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“OK I guess not a fan”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Its a bar and they had ordinary beers on tap and loud music. I am pretty sure I will not be back. The parking is easy though thats a good thing.

Visited October 2012