“Okay pizza and wings delivery but not my favorite” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 160 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Pizza, Pasta
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
“Okay pizza and wings delivery but not my favorite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

The food was fresh and delivered hot. Phone ordering and delivery service were great. You can tell the pizza is made with fresh ingredients. The chicken wings cooked perfect and were good but really small. The pizza sauce was not my favorite but I'm also not a fan of thick chunky tomato sauces. My family ate it without complaining so it may just be my picky tastebuds? My husband said don't order again because the wings don't have enough meat on them. It's like our 5th time ordering over the years and each time we say it was okay but not to order again. I keep trying it because we don't have a large variety of places in town that deliver. I'd say try it if you like spaghetti type sauce.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Leesburg, Virginia
“Wow! Best pizza delivery for miles, and SUBS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Rocco's pizza is just plain AWESOME! We parents like the traditional Italiano pies, and the boys like the Buffalo chicken "pizza". The sides and salads are always fresh, and the cheese steak sub is killer. It's a weekly love affair with Rocco's home delivery...great variety, too.

Visited March 2013
virginia
“Great subs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Their meatball sub is the best, huge variety of subs, pizza and dinners

Visited December 2011
Leesburg, VA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT pizza! Many wonderful finds at Rocco's.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

When we first moved to Leesburg ten years ago, Joe's Pizza and Subs was our default "lazy cook's night off" choice. It wasn't spectacular, but it was dependable and the prices were reasonable. A few years ago, Roccos bought out Joe's and suddenly "wasn't spectacular" was replaced with "can't get enough". If you love authentic pizza - not something from a chain - then you'll be very happy here. A thin chewy crust, cheese that is drippy and gooey (in a very good way), sauce that hits all the right notes. Their pepperoni pizza is perfect, in my book.

I'm also a big fan of their hummus platter - generous serving of hummus with pita, carrots and cucumber and grapes on the side. It's a lot of food for an incredible price. I don't tell myself that it's healthy - I probably wouldn't like it as much if I knew it was good for me. Sandwiches are good choices too. I'm a fan of the cheesesteak supreme and the New Yorker.

One recent discovery has me very happy - rice pudding. Typically, this is something I avoid at all costs. It doesn't appeal to me, it's too sweet, too thick, etc. But this? This can't be rice pudding. Maybe rice heaven? Not too sweet, but creamy, and rich. Raisins, walnuts and cinnamon really round it out well. I ate my first portion and found a reason to get more the next day - so embarrassing.

I've always had delivery from Rocco's. They're fast, friendly and package everything correctly. I've never been disappointed. Prices are very reasonable and they've got coupons on their website which makes it even better.

Next time the cook needs a night off, make Rocco's the place to call. You won't regret it.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vicenza, Italy
“Delivery Service to the Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I ordered a Phily steak sandwich by phone. It was delivered quickly and was an easy transaction. There's a $10 minimum so I ordered a 12" length. It was prett much as expected, but I was disappointed to have no cheese on the sandwich. I'd order from them again, though.

My son's family gets pizza from them almost weekly and the one topping pizza is less than $9 - not bad for decent American pizza.

• Visited September 2011