“Great subs” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza & Pasta
virginia
“Great subs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Their meatball sub is the best, huge variety of subs, pizza and dinners

Visited December 2011

Leesburg, VA
“GREAT pizza! Many wonderful finds at Rocco's.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

When we first moved to Leesburg ten years ago, Joe's Pizza and Subs was our default "lazy cook's night off" choice. It wasn't spectacular, but it was dependable and the prices were reasonable. A few years ago, Roccos bought out Joe's and suddenly "wasn't spectacular" was replaced with "can't get enough". If you love authentic pizza - not something from a chain - then you'll be very happy here. A thin chewy crust, cheese that is drippy and gooey (in a very good way), sauce that hits all the right notes. Their pepperoni pizza is perfect, in my book.

I'm also a big fan of their hummus platter - generous serving of hummus with pita, carrots and cucumber and grapes on the side. It's a lot of food for an incredible price. I don't tell myself that it's healthy - I probably wouldn't like it as much if I knew it was good for me. Sandwiches are good choices too. I'm a fan of the cheesesteak supreme and the New Yorker.

One recent discovery has me very happy - rice pudding. Typically, this is something I avoid at all costs. It doesn't appeal to me, it's too sweet, too thick, etc. But this? This can't be rice pudding. Maybe rice heaven? Not too sweet, but creamy, and rich. Raisins, walnuts and cinnamon really round it out well. I ate my first portion and found a reason to get more the next day - so embarrassing.

I've always had delivery from Rocco's. They're fast, friendly and package everything correctly. I've never been disappointed. Prices are very reasonable and they've got coupons on their website which makes it even better.

Next time the cook needs a night off, make Rocco's the place to call. You won't regret it.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vicenza, Italy
“Delivery Service to the Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I ordered a Phily steak sandwich by phone. It was delivered quickly and was an easy transaction. There's a $10 minimum so I ordered a 12" length. It was prett much as expected, but I was disappointed to have no cheese on the sandwich. I'd order from them again, though.

My son's family gets pizza from them almost weekly and the one topping pizza is less than $9 - not bad for decent American pizza.

• Visited September 2011