“Good, but will desperately miss former Sushi chef” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Leesburg, Virginia
“Good, but will desperately miss former Sushi chef”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Jasmine has long been one of our favorites for a quick and good Chinese dinner and we have been on numerous occasions. Surprisingly, it has also been the best sushi restaurant in Leesburg (and maybe one of the best in Northern Virginia based on our experience) up until recently when their sushi chef (Roman) left for bigger and better things (assume somewhere in DC). The Market Station location is easy and plenty of parking the 2 lots and garage across the street. The restaurant itself is nothing special but the staff is very friendly and tries hard although the owner can be "over-bearing" at times as she works her way through the restaurant. We will continue to go back but may need to look for a new sushi place depending on how they recover / who they hire.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

71% Recommend
Providence, Rhode Island
“Nothing Spectacular.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Had take out...Shrimp w lobster sauce --runny--needed better flavoring. Also chicken chowmein--mushy. They also have a "sushi side" to the restaurant that I have NOT tried as yet.

Visited November 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
“My favorite place for sushi in Leesburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I order sushi more often than the Chinese cuisine at Jasmine. The Sushi Sashimi Combo for two is generous, fresh and delicious! My daughter, who is a picky eater, loves their lo mein and orders take out from there often.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“Poor service and communication”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I've been going here since they opened. Hadn't been for a while. Slow service and order was incomplete. When I asked about the rest, all staff disapeared for 15 min., then told me they were out of the rest of my order. Even a hair in the drink to top it off. No apology, just excuses. Two members of my party ended up stuck in the restroom the rest of the evening. Won't be going back due to owner and kitchen not taking care of guests. The rest of the food was good.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Best Chinese food in Leesburg, atmosphere, not so much”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We've been going to Jasmine for a couple of years now, and the food is always delicious. The dumplings are so plump, delicious and tender ~ no hard, thick edges. We order them every time, they are so good! I usually get the Moo Shi Pork, which is really good and so plentiful that I take half home for lunch the next day! My husband usually gets the General Tso's Chicken, which he loves, although we ate there tonight at he said the chicken was dry. I must say that the ambiance in Jasmine leaves much to be desired ~ it feels like someone's basement rec room with the wood paneling and it is a bit dark. There is a weird odor when you walk in also ~ it almost smells like mildew, although the restaurant is clean. The people there are friendly and service is efficient. It is a good value for your $$. When we want Chinese food, we always go to Jasmine.

• Visited July 2012