“Leave your hotel for dinner!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 164 restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The award winning Palio Ristorante Italiano is a combination of three of the premier historic buildings in downtown Leesburg, Virginia. Palio provides Leesburg's newest venue for dining, entertaining, and banquet facilities. Palio has designed and built an establishment like no other in the Washington area, utilizing unique combinations of cherry wood, onyx, and antique mirrors and chandeliers. The design has been meticulously configured into the existing space in these historic buildings. The theme of the Palio derives from the ancient horse race -beautiful and bold, risky and exciting, a feast for the eyes as well as the senses. Good music, a fine wine selection, house made pasta and bread prepared on site, and sourcing from local producers, can only be described as a beautiful experience- all presented in an historic setting that would be as comfortable in Italy as it is in Loudoun County.
Alexandria, Virginia
“Leave your hotel for dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We happend on this restaurant by walking around old town Leesburg. There was a cool jazz band playing on the first floor, but the friendly staff was accommodating to seat us upstairs away from the music. They offered a nice range of quality wines and gave advice to pair them with our meals. The menu had a number of quality pasta and fish dishes. The service was attentive and personable. We relaxed and enjoyed our meals which were delicious and created with craft - so much better than a resort-style corporate kitchen!

Visited May 2013

70% Recommend
Leesburg, Virginia
“overly priced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

this restaurant has great ambiance but the food is just mediocre and way overpriced. We also waited a long time for our food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My daughter and I went to Palio last Sat evening for the first time. The atmosphere is quaint and set in historic Old Town Leesburg. The service was fantastic. My daughter is a vegetarian and as there were no vegetarian entrees on the menu, our server asked to chef to make my daughter a special dish which he did. The pasta was fresh and made in house, we had a wonderful meal. On our way out, the executive chef, Antonio came out to speak with us and we thanked him profusely for accommodating my daughters dietary preferences. Antonio was charming and quite funny-he entertained us with stories for a good 15 minutes before we left. He told us anytime we want to come again to call ahead and ask for him and he would make my daughter another delicious vegetarian entree! You don't get this kind of outstanding service at most places-thanks Antonio, we will see you soon!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We arrived a few minutes for our 7:00 pm reservation. We were seated immediately and the server came and introduced himself. He poured our water and left without asking if we wanted a drink. Twenty minutes passed and the waiter never returned so we goy up and left. High prices and poor service, I don't think so.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Return trip huge disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I had been here previously and had a great experience, and therefore gave them a glowing review on Trip Advisor, so we went back this week for my birthday. The dining room upstairs was full, so we sat at the bar area, which was fine. I was first brought the wrong dinner, which happens, so I patiently waited for my dinner. No apology from the staff, but they did offer to take my husband's dinner back to keep it warm until mine came - we declined since we were hungry and there was no reason for him to wait. It wasn't a big deal, mix-ups happen.

Then, about halfway through my dinner, I find a good-sized piece of thick plastic wrapping, like from the cap to a bottle. (by good-sized, I mean about three inches long.) Clearly, I am now done eating. When the waitress comes back, I point it out but nicely saying that I understand these things happen, but this was in my food. She simply said "ok, okay" and took the plate. I was more upset by her complete indifference than by the plastic.

Others asked me if I asked to speak with the manager - I did not, we just wanted to leave at that point. It was an overall disappointing experience. I would expect much more from a lesser place, so I certianly expect much, much more from a place at this price point. We live in the area, so I may give them another chance in the future, but not anytime soon. I definitely have a bad taste in my mouth.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere