“Return trip huge disappointment” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Palio of Leesburg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 170 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The award winning Palio Ristorante Italiano is a combination of three of the premier historic buildings in downtown Leesburg, Virginia. Palio provides Leesburg's newest venue for dining, entertaining, and banquet facilities. Palio has designed and built an establishment like no other in the Washington area, utilizing unique combinations of cherry wood, onyx, and antique mirrors and chandeliers. The design has been meticulously configured into the existing space in these historic buildings. The theme of the Palio derives from the ancient horse race -beautiful and bold, risky and exciting, a feast for the eyes as well as the senses. Good music, a fine wine selection, house made pasta and bread prepared on site, and sourcing from local producers, can only be described as a beautiful experience- all presented in an historic setting that would be as comfortable in Italy as it is in Loudoun County.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Return trip huge disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I had been here previously and had a great experience, and therefore gave them a glowing review on Trip Advisor, so we went back this week for my birthday. The dining room upstairs was full, so we sat at the bar area, which was fine. I was first brought the wrong dinner, which happens, so I patiently waited for my dinner. No apology from the staff, but they did offer to take my husband's dinner back to keep it warm until mine came - we declined since we were hungry and there was no reason for him to wait. It wasn't a big deal, mix-ups happen.

Then, about halfway through my dinner, I find a good-sized piece of thick plastic wrapping, like from the cap to a bottle. (by good-sized, I mean about three inches long.) Clearly, I am now done eating. When the waitress comes back, I point it out but nicely saying that I understand these things happen, but this was in my food. She simply said "ok, okay" and took the plate. I was more upset by her complete indifference than by the plastic.

Others asked me if I asked to speak with the manager - I did not, we just wanted to leave at that point. It was an overall disappointing experience. I would expect much more from a lesser place, so I certianly expect much, much more from a place at this price point. We live in the area, so I may give them another chance in the future, but not anytime soon. I definitely have a bad taste in my mouth.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Herndon, Virginia
“Anniversary Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We visited Palio on a week night for our wedding anniversary. The food was very good. I did not look at the menu online in advance of our evening, but I found the menu to be priced fairly for a nice meal. They have 2 options, a la carte or prix fixe. Our meal (both prix fixe) was about $110. The portions were good size on all courses. The veal was wonderful, the ravioli was ok; the appetizers and salads were both very good; the chocolate cake was super for dessert; the tiramisu was not (watery, too much cocoa powder on top). The restaurant was not crowded and we had an intimate special dinner. The service was nice and efficient. We had to wait a bit to get our check, but we were in no hurry. We enjoyed it and we will go back again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Very nice for lunch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for lunch and found nice atmosphere, good service and great food. Pasta was terrific. Caesar salad very fresh. Meatball sandwich was good. Romantic place as well. Do go!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Northern Virginia
“Fantastico!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We dined here on Easter evening. Food was fantastic! Owner/chef came to each table, to say hello and make sure everything was perfect. Very nice for special occasion.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, VA
“Great girls lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Enjoyed a great with the girls yesterday. Great service, great atmosphere and great food. The lasagna was very good. The steak salads were huge with a good sized piece of steak.

• Visited January 2013