“So much potential for so long; execution is abysmal.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Palio of Leesburg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 170 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The award winning Palio Ristorante Italiano is a combination of three of the premier historic buildings in downtown Leesburg, Virginia. Palio provides Leesburg's newest venue for dining, entertaining, and banquet facilities. Palio has designed and built an establishment like no other in the Washington area, utilizing unique combinations of cherry wood, onyx, and antique mirrors and chandeliers. The design has been meticulously configured into the existing space in these historic buildings. The theme of the Palio derives from the ancient horse race -beautiful and bold, risky and exciting, a feast for the eyes as well as the senses. Good music, a fine wine selection, house made pasta and bread prepared on site, and sourcing from local producers, can only be described as a beautiful experience- all presented in an historic setting that would be as comfortable in Italy as it is in Loudoun County.
Northern Virginia
“So much potential for so long; execution is abysmal.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

ANOTHER management team? We support local restaurants and we try and try and try to support Palios and Michael. This beautifully appointed restaurant needs continuity in management and service. With good management, service would follow. Great chef but all overshadowed by disorganized, amateur service. This is supposed to be fine dining. Both service and food have to be exceptional for that moniker. Hire some pros, tell them to smile and make friends with the community. Teach them and train the staff, then execute every day every hour like a fine dining restaurant must do to succeed. We are still trying, Michael but at some point enough will be enough.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Leesburg, Virginia
“The Grinch that overcharges for Christmas”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Customer service is terrible... we had reservations for Christmas Eve and then they called to confirm my reservation last weekend... they were acually confirming that they were going to screw me over. The advised that the chef had decided to go with a set 5 course menu with the price of $100 dollar per person. When I initially made the reservation I confrimed that they were having their standard menu, whick I new was on the high $$$ side. But holy crap I have a family of four with two kids which would cost me 400-500 for one dinner. So we definelty could not afford that. All this and now I need to find another place with short notice. The manager was very rude and just kept telling me it was my misunderstatnding instead of just admitting they greedy SOB's and wanted to change the terms of our reservations. We must not be their type of customers ... nor will we be in the future

• Visited December 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
“Excellent food, good service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We've been twice to this hidden gem in Leesburg and have had fantastic experience on both occasions. Just off the main street of Leesburg, Palio may not look like much from the outside but once you are upstairs it is considerably bigger than I thought it was. The wine list is good (not great) for an Italian restaurant and you will find something appealing. The food was very good and very authentic Italian.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Too busy to help me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was planning a weekend getaway including a nice dinner and overnight stay in the Leesburg area. I selected Palio for dinner and was looking for a hotel or Bed & Breakfast nearby. I called the restaurant mid day on a Friday, said I would be visiting from out of town and asked for suggestions for hotel or B&Bs in the area. The woman who answered the phone was kind, but could not give me the name of even one hotel. She asked me to hold while she looked for help then came back and said the manager was "too busy to help" me. No offer to call me back, no suggestion of a better time for me to call. Just - we are to busy for you.

This visit would have helped me determine if I wanted to host a large budget corporate dinner at Palio next year. Now I will never even set foot in there door. Way to go Palio!

• Visited December 2012
“After an hour we had no food and no explanation avoid!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Worst brunch experience ever. We sat at our table for an hour, had beg for a coffee refill and had t he waiter tell us a few more minutes 3 times over the course of a half an hour. We finally got up to leave , leaving cash on he table and were not even approached by the waiter to offer any apology.