“Too busy to help me” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Palio of Leesburg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 169 restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The award winning Palio Ristorante Italiano is a combination of three of the premier historic buildings in downtown Leesburg, Virginia. Palio provides Leesburg's newest venue for dining, entertaining, and banquet facilities. Palio has designed and built an establishment like no other in the Washington area, utilizing unique combinations of cherry wood, onyx, and antique mirrors and chandeliers. The design has been meticulously configured into the existing space in these historic buildings. The theme of the Palio derives from the ancient horse race -beautiful and bold, risky and exciting, a feast for the eyes as well as the senses. Good music, a fine wine selection, house made pasta and bread prepared on site, and sourcing from local producers, can only be described as a beautiful experience- all presented in an historic setting that would be as comfortable in Italy as it is in Loudoun County.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Too busy to help me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was planning a weekend getaway including a nice dinner and overnight stay in the Leesburg area. I selected Palio for dinner and was looking for a hotel or Bed & Breakfast nearby. I called the restaurant mid day on a Friday, said I would be visiting from out of town and asked for suggestions for hotel or B&Bs in the area. The woman who answered the phone was kind, but could not give me the name of even one hotel. She asked me to hold while she looked for help then came back and said the manager was "too busy to help" me. No offer to call me back, no suggestion of a better time for me to call. Just - we are to busy for you.

This visit would have helped me determine if I wanted to host a large budget corporate dinner at Palio next year. Now I will never even set foot in there door. Way to go Palio!

• Visited December 2012

68% Recommend
“After an hour we had no food and no explanation avoid!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Worst brunch experience ever. We sat at our table for an hour, had beg for a coffee refill and had t he waiter tell us a few more minutes 3 times over the course of a half an hour. We finally got up to leave , leaving cash on he table and were not even approached by the waiter to offer any apology.

Providence, Rhode Island
“ARROGANT AND PISSY”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

First time here--read their website about their happy hour and tapas etc. This is our way of checking a restaurant out.
We were greeted beautifully by the hostess who was interrupted by what I presume was the owner manager?? This dirty blonde, bespectacled woman was rude and unwelcoming. We went to the bar area. The waiter came--again an heir of arrogance but I WAS DETERMINED to win him over. We did--he was very cool.
After numerous changes in menu etc--we finally ordered. The food was ok--lobster ravioli--only 5 for $25 was good but price was ridiculous. I ordered meatballs--came in a long slim plate --small--apparently 10 of them w sauce and mozzarella-- $25!!! Are you kidding!! When the check came there was definitely going to be a problem. Amazingly a man who knew my son was serving in Afghanistan paid our bill! As my Dad would say--"Expensive macaroni!". .

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
IAD
“Never disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This has become our new favorite restaurant. The food and service are consistent and we are never disappointed. The only problem is trying to decide what to have, from the delicious lobster ravioli with a light creamy vodka sauce to the amazing veal chop and there is the stuffed pork chop. The head waiter always greets us by name, has set aside a bottle of our favorite wine because he knows we are regulars and checks on us throughout the meal. Short of actually going to Italy you will be challenged to find a more authentic Bolognese. We had a casual (jeans) meal in bar area last time and the service and food was just as amazing as the dining room. Be sure to try the Limoncello Martini - so good! Saturdays are always packed, suggest a reservation. Sunday's you can usually walk in and get a table.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, Virginia
“Very good food but very brightly lit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Arrived on a Fri nite without a reservation but there was plenty of room to accommodate. The place is huge! Courteous staff but bartender seemed annoyed that the wine selection hadn't ever been updated for mos and people continued to ask for certain things they never had. Zin and California Chardonnay to be specific.
Had mushroom ravioli and a veal marsala type entree, and split a great salad.
They had large group parties there, couples, small groups and families there so obviously able to accommodate variety.
Weird that it was so brightly lit.

• Visited October 2012