“Palios is long overdue in Leesburg” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Palio of Leesburg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 168 restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The award winning Palio Ristorante Italiano is a combination of three of the premier historic buildings in downtown Leesburg, Virginia. Palio provides Leesburg's newest venue for dining, entertaining, and banquet facilities. Palio has designed and built an establishment like no other in the Washington area, utilizing unique combinations of cherry wood, onyx, and antique mirrors and chandeliers. The design has been meticulously configured into the existing space in these historic buildings. The theme of the Palio derives from the ancient horse race -beautiful and bold, risky and exciting, a feast for the eyes as well as the senses. Good music, a fine wine selection, house made pasta and bread prepared on site, and sourcing from local producers, can only be described as a beautiful experience- all presented in an historic setting that would be as comfortable in Italy as it is in Loudoun County.
Northern Virginia
“Palios is long overdue in Leesburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

They had some rough patches when first opened but management has changed a bit and the newer folks are wonderful. Sayeef is delightful. The food is excellent and we look forward to the music scene making its arrival.

69% Recommend
Hamilton, Virginia
“Delicious, but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

This was the 4th time (or so) that my husband & I have been to Palio. It is good, but very expensive. I think the cheapest bottle of wine is $60. The sommalier knows his wine though & the food is fantastic. It is a special night out kind of place.

Visited December 2011
“Bravo! For this Italian Resturant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012 via mobile

Don't judge to quickly when walking into this small but yet well dressed establishment. I have tried a few different things now, and I have not been disappointed yet! The Dry Dirty Martini's are wonderful, for those martini lovers.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“Definitely worth trying!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

My husband and I finally decided to try Palio's out after months of saying we should. We were not disappointed! We arrived for an early dinner (around 4:45) so there wasn't really anyone there yet (although that changed by the time we left.) The restaurant is very nice inside, bigger than I thought it would be, but still had a cozy feel. We decided to get the Fritto Misto appetizer--so good!! I have been craving it ever since. Then I got the seared cod on risotto, and my husband got the lobster ravioli. We were both very happy with our meals. The service was great as well. It was a bit pricey, but we did also split a dessert and had a total of 3 glasses of wine. This is a great restaurant for a special night out.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax, Virginia
“Good food, good atmosphere, silly prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

When the "special" turned out to be more expensive than everything on the menu, I was a bit miffed. Otherwise, we were happy with the service, the wine selection and the complementary desserts brought to us.

Visited October 2011