“A Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Radford
“A Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very good food, great service, friendly people and relaxing environment! Prices were moderate, good place for lunch.

Visited September 2012

66% Recommend
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Great Sunday Brunch!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We went here for brunch after walking around downtown Leesburg!! It was cute and so we decided to check it out! I got the eggs benedict and it was awesome!! My husband got blueberry crepes and they were delicious too! The service was great!! I have no complaints!! :)

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“I would give it 0 stars, an overall poor experience, and not worth it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I would give it 0 stars, if possible. My father and I were coming back from Harper's Ferry and decided to give this restaurant a try because we had a coupon. We live close to Leesburg and commented on how cute the downtown is, and on a non-100+ degree day, we were wanting to come back to explore. Therefore, we wanted to find a good restaurant that we could eat at when the weather was cooler for our wanderings. So, despite the fact that the restaurant was empty even at prime lunch hour, we went in. We were very uncomfortable being the only two in the restaurant as the (I am guessing owner or manager) waiter had no choice but to watch us...and watch us...I really felt like we were on display. We ordered our drinks, my father a coffee and me orange soda, which came fast, but my dad said the coffee was very bitter and the owner actually told us it was Kirkland (Costco) single serve packs. Now, don't get me wrong, I love Costco and its brand, but when you are paying $2+ for coffee in a restaurant, you want something non-mainstream and fun, something different, not something that you know is only costing them 5 cents a cup. Also, my soda was FLAT...the first time ever I have received flat, stale soda in a restaurant. The suspicious sound of a bottle opening altered me to this, and I saw our waiter opening a 2-liter bottle of soda that was almost empty, and had obviously been around for a long time. So this is why restaurants have soda machines! Then came the meals. My dad got the Chicken Marsala, which came with a side salad, and I got the Philly Cheese steak Wrap with the onion soup (it was French onion). His salad and my soup came out first. My soup was literally piping hot even when I was done with the rest of my meal--I enjoy items that are not, but not that hot! I had to put ice cubes in it to cool it down to try to start eating it after eating my wrap, and that just made it a watery mess. It was not good: the cheese, what little there was, was wrapped around maybe 3 croutons, and the onions were leathery and limp and lacked any flavor. After hearing about the Costco coffee, I seriously wondered if they got the soup from their frozen section, as well. My father's meal was one little piece of chicken that wasn't that good, bare amounts of sauce, and canned mushrooms. Then there must have been a whole pound of spaghetti on his plate. The sauce didn't cover nearly that much and it was so not worth it for the price; again, I have to wonder if the Marsala sauce was canned. My wrap was nothing special AT ALL; something I could have made, and I almost burned my kitchen down once. There was hardly any cheese on my CHEESE steak, the steak was decent but still reminded me of Steakums, and it fell apart as I tried to eat it. The french fries were obviously frozen as there was no texture and the insides didn't have that fluffy potato feel you get with fresh, cut-in-the-restaurant fries. We were very disappointed, especially when we saw the almost 40 dollar bill, the coupon only decreasing our hurt slightly. We will have to look elsewhere for our go-to Leesburg spot!

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fairfield, Pennsylvania
“All around strange place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

My mom and I went into Leesburg for some shopping and needed to stop for lunch somewhere. We came across Georgetown Cafe - looked rustic and homey. The food was okay. Not bad but but nothing to write home about. Beyond that, everything was strange. Our waitress was nice but didn't seem to know what she was talking about when we asked her for the specials of the day (which were listed out front but she didn't know what they were). But she was nice enough. The other server however, was a tall man who seemed nervous, hustled, and unfriendly. He talked to himself in a very loud tone - the place is not big and I'm sure everyone could hear him. When one of his customers returned a plate of food because they had originally asked for something to be grilled and not fried, he walked away and said "what a pain in my [--]". I'm sure they heard him as they left a few minutes later. 5 or 6 tables arrived after us and left before us, a few of which did not touch their food. After we left, we looked in the window of a nearby restaurant and recognized a couple that had been in The Georgetown Cafe just a bit earlier. Guess they had enough of that place. I expected the place to be quaint and homey. It was just strange. I will not be back.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Newbury Berkshire
“First and Last visit, I really wanted to love it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

We have just moved into area and have walked past this cute little window fronted cafe on the busiest street of Historic Leesburg several times and thought we would give it a go. There are many choices downtown and so you want to get it right. The staff were friendly and accomodating a bit mix matched...the waitress was in black jeans and top whilst the waiter was in a very formal waiters attire with a linen apron...they were both curteous. There is a menu of specials in the window that looked interesting so we went in. We started off with some onion soup and cheesy chips....the soup was mostly croutons and the chips were oven chips sprinkled with orange processed cheese, we were shocked when the 25 french fries were presented with splotches of what looked like a grilled cheesed sandwich had been squeezed on top. My salad also had more processed cheese in it, and was ok because the cheese could be ignored. My husband ordered a Ruben, and although the sandwich was delicious, we must have been mistaken for Lilleputians because the rye bread was so tiny the entire sandwich could fit in the palm of my hand (for the price, I want the sandwich to fit in two palms). My daughter ordered a childrens meal but that was largely ignored as well again frozen chicken tenders and chips and I have purchased this brand from the freezer section at my local grocery market, but we weren't expecting anything special from the kids meal...its always a bonus when you know they have thrown it together from fresh products. We also overheard other patrons complaining about the coffee...and for the most part we will drink anything caffeinated but it tasted like it was brewed the day before...not so tasty... My philosophy is if you go out for a meal it will hopefully be a treat and taste better than the what you can make at home....I have a gut feeling that most people visiting this rustic charmer only ever visit once. I have a feeling this cafe is owned and operated by the Colonial Inn as there is a direct door leading into the hotel, so perhaps they have a ready and available clientelle that comes from hotel.

• Visited March 2012