“All around strange place” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Fairfield, Pennsylvania
“All around strange place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

My mom and I went into Leesburg for some shopping and needed to stop for lunch somewhere. We came across Georgetown Cafe - looked rustic and homey. The food was okay. Not bad but but nothing to write home about. Beyond that, everything was strange. Our waitress was nice but didn't seem to know what she was talking about when we asked her for the specials of the day (which were listed out front but she didn't know what they were). But she was nice enough. The other server however, was a tall man who seemed nervous, hustled, and unfriendly. He talked to himself in a very loud tone - the place is not big and I'm sure everyone could hear him. When one of his customers returned a plate of food because they had originally asked for something to be grilled and not fried, he walked away and said "what a pain in my [--]". I'm sure they heard him as they left a few minutes later. 5 or 6 tables arrived after us and left before us, a few of which did not touch their food. After we left, we looked in the window of a nearby restaurant and recognized a couple that had been in The Georgetown Cafe just a bit earlier. Guess they had enough of that place. I expected the place to be quaint and homey. It was just strange. I will not be back.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Newbury Berkshire
“First and Last visit, I really wanted to love it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

We have just moved into area and have walked past this cute little window fronted cafe on the busiest street of Historic Leesburg several times and thought we would give it a go. There are many choices downtown and so you want to get it right. The staff were friendly and accomodating a bit mix matched...the waitress was in black jeans and top whilst the waiter was in a very formal waiters attire with a linen apron...they were both curteous. There is a menu of specials in the window that looked interesting so we went in. We started off with some onion soup and cheesy chips....the soup was mostly croutons and the chips were oven chips sprinkled with orange processed cheese, we were shocked when the 25 french fries were presented with splotches of what looked like a grilled cheesed sandwich had been squeezed on top. My salad also had more processed cheese in it, and was ok because the cheese could be ignored. My husband ordered a Ruben, and although the sandwich was delicious, we must have been mistaken for Lilleputians because the rye bread was so tiny the entire sandwich could fit in the palm of my hand (for the price, I want the sandwich to fit in two palms). My daughter ordered a childrens meal but that was largely ignored as well again frozen chicken tenders and chips and I have purchased this brand from the freezer section at my local grocery market, but we weren't expecting anything special from the kids meal...its always a bonus when you know they have thrown it together from fresh products. We also overheard other patrons complaining about the coffee...and for the most part we will drink anything caffeinated but it tasted like it was brewed the day before...not so tasty... My philosophy is if you go out for a meal it will hopefully be a treat and taste better than the what you can make at home....I have a gut feeling that most people visiting this rustic charmer only ever visit once. I have a feeling this cafe is owned and operated by the Colonial Inn as there is a direct door leading into the hotel, so perhaps they have a ready and available clientelle that comes from hotel.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Nokesville, Virginia
“good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

stopped in for lunch on a friday afternoon. Service was quick. We both had a soup and we split the chicken wrap. Food came out quickly. Server was nice. A nice casual spot where the food was good. I'd eat here again.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Upperville, VA USA
“Sure beats the heck out of fast food - Fast & Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Great peanut soup and large wonderful salad. Perfect light dinner. Service was great!

Visited February 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

We have been here once as a family and our son went again with friends to meet the same fate.
Not going to waste too much time with this review...this is a tourist trap plain and simple. Folks that don't know the area will stop in because it looks quaint and rustic, but they will wait FOREVER for their TERRIBLE food. Stay away!

• 1 of 5 stars Food