“nice place but issues” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Lovettsville, Virginia, United States
“nice place but issues”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

PHO is suppose to be really good, refreshing, everytime I have eaten there, 5 times now, mine always has a "soapy" taste. Sorry my wife and daughter like it, the rest of the family thinks it is not that good. I will not venture here again.

Visited September 2013

“Delish!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Awesome food. I won't have to travel so far anymore. And they make a really good Ban Xeo (pancake).

My family quickly became regulars.

Bethesda, Maryland
“Worth a try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We thought Xuan Siagon was a better than average restaurant and if we are ever in Leesburg again, we may try it again. The decor is what you would expect from a Vietnamese restaurant: ho hum. But the food was well-prepared. Four of us ate for $84. So we aren't doing cartwheels but we recommend.

Visited September 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I have been in search of a good Vietnamese restaurant, since our favorite restaurant in Chantilly closed. Well, the search continues. We were both very disappointed with Xuan Saigon–especially since the reviews were good. We ordered the spring rolls as an appetizer–they were tasteless. I had the Beef and Chicken stir-fry over crispy noodles. They almost had it right. There was an ingredient missing that left the sauce lacking in flavor. My husband ordered the seafood pho. It also lacked flavor. I ordered a glass of wine that was eight dollars. I’ve paid eight dollars for a glass of wine, but usually it’s at a place where there is valet parking. I think this place might seem good to some, but the flaws are obvious if you are well versed in Asian cooking. On a positive note, the service was good and the place is very clean.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Mango sticky rice!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Tried this on a whim and was very pleased with the cleanliness, freshness and service. Had the Pho #2 and the orange chicken. Both were plentiful and tasty. Didn't want desert but I could tell in the waitresses eye when she asked if we wanted mango sticky rice is was something to behold. Hands down one of the best deserts (outside of peninsula grill coconut cake) I have had in a long time!

• Visited July 2013