“Decent food and price” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
DC
“Decent food and price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

They have a wide range of selections on their menu, from pho to stir fry noodles to dishes with rice. I love pho but my husband is not as enthusiastic so a Vietnamese restaurant that offers non-pho options is always welcome. Regular-sized pho is enough for lunch. I would order order large pho if I'm very hungry. Husband had eggplant with ginger and garlic sauce. We also ordered spring rolls and chicken satay. Food quality was good and staff was friendly.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Smith Mountain Lake
“My Number One For Vietnamese Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I like Vietnamese food. I love good Vietnamese food and, here, it is very good. I live four hours away from Xuan Saigon and it is the only restaurant stored in "favorites" on my GPS. If it is within striking distance, I am there. The menu is extensive, every meal that I have ordered has been superb, the owner is gracious and the wait staff helpful and friendly. Try it and you will be back. That's is a fact!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC
“Best Pho around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

My family eats here no less than weekly. Pho is always good and greens are fresh. Try the chicken Pho, its a great lower fat option. The fried ginger lime tofu is a great starter.

Expect service to be hit or miss with the crowds. You dont have to wait for a check. When your done, and this is optional, just go up to the front and they will ring you up.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oceanside, California
“Fresh, Flavorful Alternative”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

We like Xuan Saigon - especially when we're tired of the cr*ap we cook at home, and the regular fast or fastish food places in town. The Pho is always great, a great value, and comes with fresh sprouts, lime, jalapeno, and all the spices you need to make it your own! I like the rice noodle dishes with grilled meat or shrimp - also served with fresh vegetables and fish sauce. Awesome! Once in a while our waiter will lose track of us, but usually we're okay. Recommended!

Visited March 2012
DC area
“Better Than the Usual Pho House”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We eat here frequently and get takeout too. Pho here is above average, always very fresh tasting. They also have a wide variety of other noodle and rice dishes, all of which are very good. They have one specialty item they excel at that I haven't seen in the other local Vietnamese places: Saigon Pancakes. These are a cross between a crepe and an omelette (they use rice flour only, for those who are concerned about glutens), the crepe itself is embedded with shrimp and pork (they will sub ingredients for you if you can't eat those, btw), and served with fresh pickles and veggies to stuff them with. They also make good satay here, and excellent fresh garden rolls. It's very clean and bright inside. They don't have a big staff, so if it's busy, sometimes the waitresses end up in the weeds, but it's manageable if you're polite about redirecting them. Excellent food, excellent value.

• Visited February 2012