“Consistently good food and good service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #107 of 169 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: a real hidden gem - authentic Indian cuisine, great bar with Indian, international and Indian beers and drinks, quiet and warm lighting that makes a perfect date night
Purcellville, Virginia
“Consistently good food and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have visited this restaurant several times in the last three months and have consistently had good food and good service. My meals were delicious and I have enjoyed every dining experience there so far. You should try it! Best Indian food in the area.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

58% Recommend
“Terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

The location is right next to the Holiday Inn hotel on Rt. 7 with parking on either sides. The staffs were moody and showed little concerns to greet diners and thanking them for business.

The lunch buffet area was small and congested with far fewer selections compared to the Herndon location. Ants and bugs are seen around the sweets section and staffs did not take action after being notified twice. Twice.

The lunch buffet price is $10.99 weekdays compared to $8.99 for Herndon with more selections. The chicken dishes tasted cold and unfresh. The Kheer was excellent along with Mango Lassi.

The price is unjustly higher than sister location Herndon while lacking in quality and value. The staffs had the nerves to automatically add 20% gratuity to the check while service was unimpressive. If it's a guaranteed tip, why bother to be attentive towards your diners, right?

Final verdict: Go to the Herndon location OR stay away from this place. Will not come again.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Round Hill, Virginia
“Excellent Indian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I recently tried Angeethi for the first time, and was pleasantly suprised. The food was very good and authentic, with quite a bit of variety on the menu. I had a curry dish, and the other two people I was with had some sort of tandori chicken and salmon. All three dishes were very good. Additionally, the service was excellent and attentive.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not the same....now terrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I used the frequent the one in Herndon, and honestly, always enjoyed. I went to the one in leesburg, at the holiday inn, and oh my.....I will NEVER go back again. The lamb, had the skin still on...and by the way, I'm just hoping it was lamb. The food was not Fresh, the meat tough, which included two chicken dishes, one lamb, and samosas. The on tt ing that I would evensaywas just ok, was the samosas. I hate to see this as I used to like this place, buti am now never eating at this restaurant, or the one in Herndon. I'll stay with Minerva in Herndon for now.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
EHT NJ
“Good entrees, ask questions, poor service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Although the entrees were great, they forgot to bring our appetizer. Then they insisted on bringing it out after our food was there and that it would be free. They were so busy making decisions for us they couldn't hear us asking them to keep the food warm and bring the appetizer first! The appetizer was NOT as described on the menu, so be sure to ask questions about the ingredients you expect in your food. I really didn't want potato-spinach pakora with my palak paneer but was looking for the "eggplant, cauliflower, onion, potato" pakora described on the menu. Then the guy who considers himself a chef made a special trip to our table to tell us he was right after all and showed us the description which did not say "spinach" at all....no apology, just rudeness. Then he took half our dirty dishes and left the rest when he asked if we wanted dessert. We declined. After a wait, we asked the other guy for the check because we couldn't wait to get out of there. We left the money in the folder and headed out. The rude guy came along with a chocolate cake and a shocked look on his face that we were leaving! He was insulted that we didn't return to the table and appreciate his cake....

• Visited April 2012