“we'll be back!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Description: Authentic Thai Food at its best. Fine Dining Carry-Out Delivery
“we'll be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had the lunch buffet. Food was excellent. Some dishes could have been refilled a little faster. Overall the food and service was excellent and reasonably priced.

Visited November 2012

frederick, maryland
“Authentic and delicious Thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stopped in for lunch and was pleasantly surprised. Great flavors, including authentic spice, and light fresh composition. I had the vegetarian version (fried tofu) of the Pad Phed Pha (see picture); the sprigs of young peppercorns were a nice touch. To start, we had fried tofu (delicious and not at all greasy) and tangy shrimp (where's the shrimp?! - meager sampling) appetizers. We had Thai iced coffee for drinks. It was Tuesday and this is when they also offer a lunch buffet which others seemed to be enjoying. Aiyara apparently means elephant and the place is decorated with a nice collection of Thai elephants. There is a picture of King Bhumibol on the wall and this appears to be a truly authentic Thai restaurant. I am inspired to try more of their menu on future visits.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
USAFret
“Good authentic Thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We happened upon this restaurant after a days shoping nearby. The decor is typical and while neat and clean nothing special. The staff was friendly and attentive though they lacked professional polish. The food was very good. I had one of my favorite Thai dishes pad kee mao, drunken noodles, and it was excellent, properly prepared and with the right amount of heat. Everyone else in the party also enjoyed their meal. Desserts were good but unremarkable. Give Aiyara a try and you will not be disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
suburban Philly
“Excellent Thai Food / Very Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

People who know me, know that I am not one to dole out applause unless it is deserved. This place gets my standing ovation. My wife and I recently spent a getaway weekend to play some golf in the Leesburg, Va. area. One evening, we decided we wanted to eat Thai food. Our Web search took us to Aiyara. Turned out to be a very good choice. The food was excellent and the prices were very reasonable. Our Thai waitress was exceedingly helpful and very friendly. If you order nothing else, get the drunken noodles. They are fantastic. For appetizers, we had crab rangoon, some Thai dumplings, and chicken satay -- all were absolutely great. I also had the Kra Pow w/ beef and it too was very good. The outside of the place is unassuming. The inside decor won't win any awards, but it was inviting, well lit, very clean and comfortable. We sat in a booth near a window and we were comfortable. I may not make it back to Leesburg any time soon, but if I do, this restaurant is on my not to miss list for excellent Thai food. Also top-notch, friendly service! -- AGR

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Trendy Thai restaurant w/ good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I would give them 4.5 stars. Their lunch specials for $8.95 are a great bargain. I have been here with a husband for a nice quiet date night and for quick lunches during work and for take out. Each time has been great.

Highly recommend the Pad Thai, Drunken Noodles, Chicken Panang (just the right spicy level!) and the Pad See Ew. Their Thai coffee is great too!

The only thing that keeps this from being a 5 star for me are little things. The salads at lunch have a really bland-mayonaise dressing that is disappointing.Their spring rolls are really greasy. Their drink menu is a bit pricey for the area.

However, the wait staff is amazingly sweet, you can order online, you can get take out and they are really fast with your food. So overall, I'll keep going back again and again!

• Visited May 2012