“Amazing! Go here!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Connecticut
“Amazing! Go here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My Husband and I choose this place based on its Yelp reviews, and man, are we glad we did! The place is cute, but super small. I am not sure if they take reservations, but we went for an early meal (6pm) and only had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated. They do have a bar. Service was good, and what I assume might have been the manager or owner was super nice – saying hello, bye, and thank you. They had a decent wine list, and more fun, a bunch of different wine flights to choose from (3 different wines for approx. $10). The food was amazing. I got fish; my husband got the ‘chicken & waffles’ (quail). Everything was awesomely good. I wish I could have ordered a second dish. We did get dessert and we licked that plate as well! Very fresh and the restaurant has its individual style as far as dishes. I wish there was one of these near us!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tacoma WA
“Lovely Bistro!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We enjoyed our delicious lunch at the Wine Kitchen. Not really planning ahead, we wandered through Leesburg looking for a lunch place. The wine kitchen had the most interesting menu and it was nearly full. We lucked out - and had an amazing meal. The philosophy of locally grown and raised comes together beautifully in a menu where it is hard to making a decision - it is all so appealing. Loved the wine flights too - a nice way to do some wine tasting and you can buy the wine by the bottle (discounted) to take home.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Millwood, Virginia
“Trendy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We just had a delightful experience at The Wine Kitchen. It was just my husband and myself, so we opted to sit at the bar, the stools have backs, we did a flight of wine each with a app of cheese fondue and meatballs..it's all farm to table, the staff is knowledgable and friendly. It's defiently a place we will return to!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, Virginia
“Maybe a 3+”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stopped at the Wine Kitchen in Leesburg, VA after a morning of hiking. We wanted something low key - we were in walking clothes - but with good food and a selection of wines by the glass. The Wine Kitchen was the most promising place open on Leesburg's King Street at 2:00 p.m. on a holiday Sunday afternoon. The place is tiny but nicely appointed, with a pretty bar. The staff is knowledgeable and pleasant. They offer a variety of wines, including a flight of three wines to test, and we enjoyed trying the white flight together with a cheese board of three cheeses. The cheeses, with the exception of a Wisconsin blue, which was a lovely surprise, were not inspiring - an overly smoky gouda and a grana padano being the other two offered.
We had light lunch food - a sprout and strawberry salad which was pretty but not particularly tasty and a very well toasted croque monsieur - which was more of a grilled cheese and ham. Over all, the food was fine but not exceptional. Unfortunately on Sunday, they apparently have live entertainment - a singer - who was much too loud for the tiny restaurant and who made it impossible to have a quiet glass of wine and conversation.
Over all, I'd say that the staff tries hard and works hard - but someone needs to pay attention to the overall experience and decide what they really want to deliver.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“My new favorite restaurant!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I went here based on the reviews for our anniversary and were not disappointed! Amazing. It is very small and noisy but we knew that going into it so it made it better. The wine samplers were so fun. My husband tried the local one and I did bubblicous one. Fantastic choices. We did try the meat and cheese tray which was very filling and exceeded our expectations. I orders the ham and cheese sandwich which is as gooey as they said. My husband had the best scallops there that made our mouth water. No room for dessert but hope to try it next time.