“Someone's Having Fun in the Kitchen!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Leesburg, Virginia
“Someone's Having Fun in the Kitchen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

All the other reviews are spot-on. The Wine Kitchen serves up fare that is delicious, well-prepared, fresh and exciting. I've been there 4 times and never disappointed. Most recently I had the
Coq au Vin, which fell off the bone and was absolutely wonderful. There's a great selection of
wines, and each comes with an index card that tells the story of the wine and where it's from.
This is a tiny restaurant so there is usually a wait, but always worth it. If you just want to enjoy
a glass of wine, there is a bar. Overall, the vibe is always fun and service is always friendly.
Desserts are great, too. The chef does not skimp on quality ingredients and uses locally grown wherever feasible.

• Visited February 2013

90% Recommend
Washington, DC
“Damn!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Heard so much about this place and was skeptical because of all the positive and no negative reviews. How can a place be top notch all the time? Well I am no longer skeptical. The happy hour specials were amazing. The risotto balls may be the single beat food item I have had in a long time!

Lovettsville, Virginia
“A cornerstone destination restaurant in historic Leesburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great food, paired with carefully selected and updated wines from around the world. The menu is constantly updated and showcases farm to table from the area. Everything on the menuis excellent.

Visited March 2013
Northern Virginia
“A cozy neighborhood place with an interesting menu and great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We visited on a chilly Tuesday night, arriving after 7 and were seated in minutes. The atmosphere was lively, with several groups of 4 or 6 enjoying dinner, conversation and lending warmth to the room. The staff was particularly attentive, willingly making substitutes to our standard order and getting everything right. Our courses arrived at appropriate intervals.

We ordered appetizers, dinner and dessert in addition to several glasses of wine and a flight of wine tastings. The serving sizes were modest, which suits us, as both my husband and I are always counting calories, but other guests may feel they do not get enough food for their money. I left feeling pleasantly sated but not grossly stuffed and I thought all the dishes were thoughtfully and skillfully rendered, in addition to being delicious.

My only gripe is that the "croque monsieur" on the menu is really just a grilled ham & cheese sandwich, lacking the egg batter of the traditional recipe. It's a very fine grilled cheese sandwich, but definitely not a croque monsieur and I found it a little pretentious that the chef would assume that customers wouldn't know or mind the difference. How can you charge $9 for a grilled cheese? Give it a French name, I suppose.

As we were preparing to leave the owner came up and introduced himself , asked where we were from and inquired about our meal. We thought that was a nice touch and as we walked away we both agreed we would enjoy going back again to try other appealing dishes and wines on the menu.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Recommending to all my friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had read the reviews about how crowded and small this place is, and my daughter and I came on a Thursday after 12:30 in February. We had no wait and almost had the place to ourselves. Our service was just fine and everyone was friendly and enthusiastic. The only problem we had was trying to figure out/narrow down what to order from the menu. It's not a large menu, but everything sounded really good. We got the cheddar biscuit bites, which come with a remoulade-type sauce and they were great! She got the Caesar salad with crabcake (terrific crabcake) and I got the roasted chicken pasta. We also had a plate of the gnocchi, and a flight of white wine and one of red. We were not crazy about one of the wines on the flight (not Chardonnay fans) and they recommended and substituted a different one. Our meal was delicious and the portion size was about right (we just couldn't finish everything because we ordered too many dishes because it all sounded so good). If I'm in Leesburg, I'll definitely go back!

• Visited February 2013