“Many reasons to come back” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 33 Activities in Leesburg
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
“Many reasons to come back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife held a bachelorette lunch there and the group thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Also, we have attended a couple of their summer concert series, which are a nice way to spend a Saturday evening.

Visited September 2013

4 attraction reviews
“Fun tasting experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Wife and I are new to the area and took our first Va wine tour In Loudon County and visited this popular winery. The tasting was handled by a friendly and knowledgable server that was able to answer all our questions. The wine we found to be interesting and we enjoyed the available whites. the reds on the tasting list today were recently releases 2011 vintages and represented the difficult growing season well bit need some time to mature.

This is a popular stop on the wine tours so expect a large crowd on a Saturday afternoon so have some patience and enjoy.

York, PA
“not your run of the mill winery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I have been to a lot of VA wineries and only so many of them make our list of " definate returns.". This winery had a very different feel from many others. A lot of black and metal, modern decor, and many "man" references like Ozzy and Chuck Norris. Definately meant to appeal to all genders. When I realized that all of the wine was steel barreled I wasn't so sure I'd like it. I usually drink only wine done in French oak. Personal preference. However, I think we found a new favorite red, no oak and all. The staff was very knowledgeable and funny. The local food offerings were delicious. The ambiance and view were outstanding. Saw lots of wildlife. The winery sits on over 400 acres so no matter how many buses come in, you can still find a place to relax and enjoy your wine. Will definately return, and soon!

Shavertown, Pennsylvania
“Winery tour in Virginia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

It was a wet and overcast day when we went to this lovely winery. I would love to go back on a bright sunny day because I know it must be absolutely gorgeous.
The tasting was very inexpensive and the young woman who took care of us was very attentive. The wines were not quite to my taste but it was a fun visit and a great way to spend a gloomy afternoon with family and friends.
We took a picnic with us but couldn't enjoy it there because there wasn't any indoor seating. That was the only down side to the entire experience. Not something to prevent a visit though.

Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
“Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is a great place to start a wine tasting tour. The grounds are gorgeous, the tasting rooms elegant, and the staff helpful.